Why does my boyfriend tell me to "suck it up" when I am sick but when he is sick he acts like the world is ending?

I don't get sick often but when I do, it get it ten fold. Like nonstop throwing up, migraines, dizziness, etc. I still go about my daily routines regardless of my illness and almost never complain. However, if he asks me what's wrong and I tell him I simply don't feel well, he will tell me to "suck it up" and "ride it out".
But whenever he is sick he thinks I should baby him or something. He woke up this morning with a scratchy throat (myself and the kids have been sick for a little over a week) and he woke me up to get him cough syrup and tylonol because his "body hurt and he didn't want to move". He then came down stairs about 4 hours later and told me to make him hot soup and some coffee because he was exhausted and couldn't do anything. He does this every single time he gets sick and quite frankly I am getting rather fed up with him thinking he can get away with being a child, all while telling me to get over my sickness because it "isn't all that bad".
Why the hell does he do this and how do I make it stop?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• sorry to be so blunt but he is being a douche. He seems selfish and inconsiderate, that may just be his personality and there may not be anything you can really do. Maybe try talking to him about it. Just tell him straight up, but it will probably not go well. good luck, I hope you guys can work it out. by the way if your sick now, I hope you feel better :)

• Thank you!

• No problem, and sorry he is treating you that way. You actually sound really tough and like he had no reson to be that way. He also seems like a baby. In any case the roles should be switched lol

• Lol right!