Do White men have the best advantage in online dating?

I did an experiment for past two days and found that White men do better in the dating world. I put a profile on OkCupid and took a picture of an average white man off Google images and found something interesting. While I open my own OkCupid in about a week ago I only got 3 likes and 4 views and no messages. The fake profile with a white man I got already 3 likes a message and 3 views. Amazing. So skin color does factor in my potential mates. So now I'm saving up money to find a place where I can get my skin bleached so I can be white too. Then I know I can get more views online and even some messages. Here is one more thing I filled my profile of what I like and what not and the fake profile I put about couple likes and still get more attention and better results than I do. That further proves my point.

Yeah, I do really need to have my skin bleached to have the slightest chance in this dating world. That test proves this. If I were to post my picture on here I'm sure you ladies would agree I have it bleached. Unless your a brown skin woman you will be okay but if your a brown skin man like me you will be throw all the way to the bottom of the list. In other words no chance because brown skin is ugly. That is my conclusion.

While in general online dating is tough its more tougher for guy who isn't light skin. That is the sad truth.
I know there is lot of suggestion of me tryinga site for darker skin people but there is not one according to Google search. I was wondering do anyone know on here where I can have my skin bleached. I was born and raised in San Francisco and I hate leave my city because of this. So I rather go for skin bleaching to make me look white than to leave my own city.

1720

Most Helpful Girl

• Look, as a brown woman (south Asian descent), I've gotta say we just have to accept any disadvantage that might exist and realize it won't be a big deal in the grand scheme of things since we live in a multicultural society. It's a blessing that there are many open-minded people these days compared to the past. At the end of the day, you want one person to settle with or maybe casual sex or dating with a handful.. whatever. There are so many people out there so you still will have many choices. Maybe it won't be thousands of choices but hundreds, and that's still a ton of people. Just work with what you've got, you've only got one life and it's not worth it to put your health at jeopardy or sulking in self-pity at something you can't really change.

If you think lightening up a little will help, you can do that fairly safely so go for it. It's no different than people wanting a little tan. Consistent use of sunblock, proper exfoliation, occasional chemical peels can all help.

Just work on being the best version of your self you can be, get a nice haircut, rock a nice style and do a wardrobe change if necessary, work on your charisma, and put yourself out there. You conclusion may be true, but who cares? What will that do for your life but hold you back? Unless you can accept it and keep going.

• I keep my hair short. I also clean shave. But I having lighter skin would help a lot. Mark darkness is not natural because I been tan by the sun. If I were to show you a picture of my palms of my hand to my face you can tell I'm naturally light skin person. I feel that having lighter skin will make me attractive.

Most Helpful Guy

• Men have no potential at all in online dating. Its a waste of time.

• Yeah, its a little known fact that all the women it works for are actually meeting guys who weren't even online.

What Girls Said 16

• Meh I'm not that into white men. I prefer more tanned people :) like Latinos and Arabs 😍 Brazilian men are by far the most attractive ones though 😍

• You really need a self confidence booster. Skin colour doesn't make a person ugly at all. So what you may be darker but that's no reason to bleach your skin. Because to me it shows that you'd rather do this for dating rather than yourself. And why bleach your skin? I can't imagine the health risks of that at all. All you need to do is accept your body and whatever skin colour you are and know that not the whole population likes white people to date. There are probably so many girls who want to date you with the colour you are now but you're ignoring the signs. Your skin colour doesn't define you or your attractiveness.

• don't bleach your skin because its gonna damage your skin and u'll be more prone to skin cancer...

• Are you trying to attract only white/light skinned women? Why not find a dating site for non-whites and then you won't have so many people only looking for a white guy?

• I'm OkCupid and its site for all races but the action by other people make it a race game. Black women on the other hand they only go for Black men. I'm a mixed race with some Indian in me which gives me the brown skin complexion. So I have it real bad.

• Well I'm hanging in but I'm still looking for a place where I can have my skin bleached like a white person.

• That was smart! I like that!

• I've learned the opposite. It might be where you live because black and Hispanic men are considered more attractive than white men where I'm at. I'm up north though. Don't bleach your skin you should be proud of how you look. The amount of attention you receive shouldn't affect how u feel about yourself

• Stop, love your skin! You do not need to bleach. Try a different dating site, there are sites catered to just specific skintones. Unfortunately it is true that white males have an advantage on dating sites but don't let it get to you. Just continue on searching for what you're looking for.

• Yeah but I tried searching a site for brown skin people and cannot find one.

• @Cookies_AndMilk But I'm not African American either. I actually tired messaging black women on OkCupid and I get no response or even viewed at. Most black women like going with their own kind. I see it so much.

• Well black people meet does have other races of people. Try google searching some things because there's literally a dating site for every kind of person. Even an HIV dating site! Bleaching your skin is extremely unhealthy, but not only that very unattractive. Changing your skin isn't going to change your facial features, and all too often brown people who've bleached their skin white like abnormal and very odd because they're features don't look good paired with that skin tone. The issue isn't your color, it's the environment you're in. That website is primarily white in spite of being for all races of people. Don't feel inferior because you're brown, try dating within your own group of people and maybe you'd find some more acceptance? Brown skin just as beautiful as any other skin. I'm mixed too and I also am brown, I find people of all races and shades attractive. Just work on your confidence and try meeting girls in person. You might have more luck, especially if you're charming.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjSh_esW9W4

^ check this out and no brown skin is not ugly

• it could be possible and could be false

• i only find east Asian men attractive. sorry.

• Bleaching your skin won't make you white.

• Michael Jackson made himself completely white. I'm sure it can work for me too.

• I know that. But just physical appearance that will make people attracted to me.

• Physical appearance won't make people attracted to you. You're attitude and confidence will

• Maybe there are more white girls on dating websites, did you check that? People tend to date only within their own race. I think black/brown or darker men can be really hot and i prefer guys who are a bit darker rather than white pale ones, but maybe thats because I'm not "extremely white" myself either. Everything doesn't depend on your skintone, there are so many other things that are important, like hair (!!), sense of style and clothing, personality, facial hair etc.

• and also your facial features of course matter.

• I live in San Francisco and there is lot more white people here. So I basically screwed anyway.

• You're not screwed, the world is big if you leave san fransisco and go to another bigger more "international" city you'll find people who are both of all kinds of races and also more open to interracial dating. Dont stay in your comfort zone if it bothers you that much, leave and find somewhere where you feel like you belong. I understand your issue, I'm south european but live in sweden, I stick out from the crowd, but its both good and bad. Some people guys here prefer their own kind - blonde pale swedish girls - while some others find me exotic. You ARE fine, stop worrying!

• Its sad that you feel this way about yourself.

• It looks like it.

• Don't look for love online... explore the world... if it was between your picture and channing tatum's , then yeah they'd go for channing because he's hot, but thas just a picture, you are more than just a picture, you need to be confident in who you are and what you look like and go out places and eventually love will find you and love you for you.

• It is so sad to me that your conclusion is that you need to start bleaching your skin as if something is wrong with you. I'm not saying it isn't hard out there for darker skinned people in general, but deciding you have to be something you're not to please someone else is not being yourself at all, and I would find it a bit disturbing too.

• I can feel the pain in your words. Brown skin is not ugly!

What Guys Said 19

• Your experiment doesn't sound very scientific.

• It's not the color of your skin, it's simply that online dating really sucks so bad for guys, no matter what race are you. Just think about it, girls get a bunch of messages of different guys who are interested in knowing them, so they can pretty decide and choose who they want to date and obviously they are going to go with the most attractive guy out of the hundreds of guys that send them a message. Online dating is pretty much like playing the wheel of fortune, you have be extremely lucky to get a reply back from a girl and when you do you have to make sure you actually maintain the conversation interesting otherwise you loose her interest. I am telling you because I had the same mediocre luck in this online dating thing... Though, I have to say that I did got some couple of reply from girls I message, and even two girls who initiated a message to me but who I had no interest in meeting... and the another girl who at the beginning show interested in me and wanted to actually go on date with but who later out of the blue mysteriously disappear without replying back to request of telling the day and time when we were supposed to meet. Ayways, with all honesty, your best thing to do in case you really want to find a girl that you like and want to date is to go out there and find that girl outside, as you are not going to have any luck finding a girl in the online dating thing. It's just a waist of time for guys. I know what I am telling you.

• You are living in a majority white country and thus being white is the common standard. If a white were in a majorly black country he would have the same issue.

Not to mention that the modern black culture has quite a lot of toxic elements which people stay away and harms the normal black folks.

Also you might want to look here: blog.okcupid.com/.../

• Yes white men do have an advantage in online dating.

Tinder study actually shows this
    https://youtu.be/VZ4dIz5q648

• Yeah does not matter where you go. Women of all races look at white as the superior. Now I know why people want to bleach their skin.

• Man that was depressing as hell. Why men don't use prostitutes more boggles my mind. The moment I feel I have to not wear X, or project Y because these girls say so, already makes me feel like who I am and want to honestly project isn't good enough. Men must lie to get women. Bottom line.

• Because most women on their are racist i actually did a post kinda similar

• As far as I know there are plenty of women who prefer black men.

It's just that you have a stronger polar attraction of them either really liking or really disliking.

I don't think bleaching is the best idea, especially over on experiment, that's one anecdotal event, not very reliable, there could be a number of reasons why you got that result.

• Depends on the dating pool. If most women in your area are more attracted to white men, then yes they will have some advantage over you.

• Among men, yes. But in general women have the upper hand at all forms of dating.

• White people have the advantage in everything.

• Yes, but then again I got it good.

• its fact.

on okcupid, white dudes get the most responses

Asian women are marginally beating white women in getting msges and having them returned

black men and black women have it the worst.

i read the ok cupid article. and stats.

• No they don't. It all depends on overall attractiveness, and the lines guys choose to send out to women. Plus online dating doesn't matter, real life dating occurs more often.

• Tch... I'm lucky to get a message back when either on tinder, okcupid or anywhere else.

• No men have advantage in online dating... I get ignored by girls that I wouldn't even talk to in person...

I like fling. com, though...

• Women are the only people who have an advantage online.

• I'm white and I prefer black, mixed, latina then white women. you should check other sites.

• It's the truth. There have been studies done that black/asian men are the least desired in online dating. I am mixed race too, so I know what you mean. Mind you, white people have advantages in all aspects of life

• Yeah, girls with self-respect will always prefer a white dude.

• http://imgur.com/gallery/QPVYqhn
    girls want green cock