Why do girls touch their hair?

I noticed that a lot of girls, when i start to interact with them they do a little preening to their hair, like preening their hair with the fingers, sometimes behind the ears. Im not talking about heavily playing with their hair and that kind of flirting signs.

Im just talking about slight adjustments of the hair, which in practice, 99% of the time dont do anything. Their hair is not falling into their faces or anything, so why do they do it?

I also have noticed that the girls who dont like like me or just dont give me attention dont do this

Is it an uncounscious behavior because they want to appear good to a guy they find at least attractive (does not mean they are interested on him!), or is it just a nervous behavior?

Thank you :)

• Unconcious grooming to appear attractive
  • Nevous behavior

Most Helpful Girl

• I think majority of girls (and guys) do it unconsciously to appear attractive but its a nervous habit i have as i never know what to do with my hands

Most Helpful Guy

• Either because of what option A says, or because they're trying to act cute with you. Either way, they like you.

What Girls Said 2

• I personally do it a lot because it is soft and nice feeling to touch it.

What Guys Said 0