Does no contact really work?

If you break up and he wants some space but you still care about each other, does the no contact actually work? And make him miss you?

• It works
  • It doesn't

Most Helpful Guy

• It really, really doesn't. In my books it makes the situation far worse, If I knew this like three years ago I would of been far happier.

Most Helpful Girl

• I do think sometimes a relationship can get intense or lackluster or want for something, and so occasionally for some people breaks do work, and couples do realize what htey were missing (A lot of my married friends broke up at least once before they got married), but it's not always this magical pill that works for everyone. The two have to set boundaries and both have to stick to those rules in order for a break to even begin to be something that may work, and then even then, it could end in an eventual break up. So I would say it depends on the people and how committed the two of you are in this case, to making it work for the future.

What Guys Said 2

• Its a breakup. Successful couples don't take "breaks" or need "space" if you or him want that then its over

• "No contact" or "On a break" is basically code for either a breakup, or they want to see if they can get someone else they like better, and keep you as a backup. Happened to me when I was younger, and a couple of friends. Either way you find out the other person has moved on with someone else.

What Girls Said 1

• It doesn't work like u want to.