I'm 17, and attracted to older men?

So obviously I'm not trying to get into anything serious. I'm only 17. I'm attracted to 19-25 year olds. My mother wants me to date, and get out there but she thinks a good range would be 5 years apart. I know how manipulating guys can be, especially with young ladies. I'm moving out in 5 months on my own. I have never dated, but I want to get out and meet guys and see what type of guy I want later on down the road. My focus is definitely not on men right now, I just want to live life and gain experience. I've always been attracted to older guys since I was 12 or 13. Now that I'm old enough to date I think that it's normal for me to feel this way. The age of consent here is 16, so I don't see anything illegal about it. I have a very high sex drive for a female, but that's not why I want to start dating.. Its just nice to have someone there. I want opinions from others, and mainly get a guys prospective also. I want your honest opinion on how I should handle this. Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• Should be fine just don't get used by them that's all since sometimes that's all it is when there is a big age gap

What Guys Said 7

• It's understandable why women want older men; you're not the first. Many guys, by the time they are 25, have a career or or at least path established, and they are making pretty good money. It's alluring to know these guys can wine and dine you. They give an aura of stability, and they seem to know what they are doing.

• i think my concern is simply that with so little experience in dating older guys may be like jumping into the deep end having never gone swimming before

but do what you want. just try and seek out kind men who will respect you and treat you the way you deserve to be treated

• you're not experienced enough. i would talk to someone older to get insight from them. I think this site has many older guys and girls who can answer your questions about dating older men. I've dated younger women so i know that the one thing that happens a lot is early attachment and unrequited feelings.

• It's normal to be attracted to older guys and just have gun with it.

• that sounds like a norm now in your generation. but im curious on why you are anonymous...

• Same here but for girls

• I think all women are attracted to someone older to be honest

I much prefer someone younger too

What Girls Said 2

• LOL 19-25 is hardly "older men". Hahaha.
    I am 17 and ever since I was 12 I have been attracted to 40 year old men. THAT is an older man.

• I do it all the time lol

• I honestly don't think its a rebellious thing against parents or anyone, I've just always been this way. Just feel a right to me

• I started having sex with them lol