Opposites don't attract?

Do you think opposites attract? Why? Or why not?

• Yes
  • No
  • Depends (explain why)

Most Helpful Guy

• My parents were opposites who should not have married. They had nothing in common and couldn't enjoy doing things together: they couldn't agree on a movie to watch, a religion (non religious dad and Christian fundamentalis mother), what sort of music to have on the radio, etc. It was a match made in hell.

However my aunt and uncle are complete opposites: she's a democrat he's a Republican. They've managed to stay together for 20+ years and raise two kids. Go figure.

Most Helpful Girl

• Have to agree on morals and values most importantly. Need some common ground for understanding each other. Should have things to talk about but differences help both people experience new things

What Guys Said 11

• You gotta find someone with the same interests as you in my opinion so you can do those things and he happy. Id say the same people attract opposites repel (not all the time in general) have a nice day :)

• Opposites can attract, but that doesn't mean they are always right for each other.

• They do in the beginning but most don't last long term. They're more like flings. In the end the lack of commonality becomes huge

• Initially, yes it contributes to the thrill of the chase. However over time in the long term it can really drive a wedge between you two.

• No. People in good relationships who seem like opposites are probably similar at their and only opposite on the surface.

• Opposites may attract but often don't result in a long-lasting relationship.

I could not date my opposite.

• Opposites do attract, but it depends on which kind.

Dominant and submissive attracts. But two people with wildly different interests will probably not attract.

• I think you have certain people who come into your life to be a blessing or a lesson.

• I really don't mash well with people who differ from me too much.

• Depends. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't.

• In general, I would say that's true, with some exceptions. For example, if the guy doesn't want kids and the woman does, that's a deal-breaker. If the guy is atheist and the woman is religious, they might be able to work through that, or it might be a deal-breaker (especially if there are kids involved).

What Girls Said 13

• Yes, at least, for what I look for in a person. I find myself attracted to the more rational minded, ambitious and outspoken people usually. Because those are all qualities I don't possess naturally and I feel like being around someone like that will help balance me out and influence me to become more like that.

On the flip side of the coin, there are bad qualities that are opposite of me that I would not be attracted to. So as long as these opposites don't contradict your moral/ethical values, then I agree they do attract.

• For me personally it's true that opposites attract. Most of the time I crush on guys who are the total opposites of me.

• It depends on how opposite. Basically, you need to have "complimenting" oppositions. Meaning, you have to have opposing traits that compliment what the other person is lacking.

• i know opposites can attract. my parents r living proof. going strong.

• Opposites attract, similarity attracts. A bit of both is ideal, because novelty is exotic and familiarity feels safe.

• Your diiferences must compliment each other. Together being stronger.

• I feel like in a serious relationship. You need someone to complete you. You need someone ur not. That can be better for you and he/she brings you up with them. That;s why I feel like opposites attract

• It attracts in chemistry, protons and electrons can't keep their "hands" off eachother.

• i think it does.

• someone who was the opposite of me would be a conservative, no self esteem, manipulative deceitful out of shape stupid prick. where's the, uh, where's the attraction

• They do attract. My sis and her boyfriend are like that and they are getting engaged in a month or two (if all goes well!).

• No because if you are both the total opposite then you will fight a lot!

• opposites about what?