Do you ever have long periods of time when you don't want to date anyone?

I have those. Ironically this is the time when I get lots of male attention. I just get irritated by it. I feel as though it is a distraction I don't need and ignore or insult them.

Most Helpful Girl

• Unfortunately I've never had that period of time, I've literally been in a relationship since I was 16 and I realize that yes it could be unhealthy and I think I was single for 6 months in-between, but still caught up with an ex. I do imagine what it would like to be single and not have any attachments, but then again It's not for me right now. Im in no way dependent on another person, I'm okay with being by myself, my last relationship I only saw him once a week so I feel that it was okay, still though I have unwanted male attention from former guys who've liked me and it makes me annoyed because it's like they don't know how to back off and they HAVE girlfriends.

What Guys Said 6

• I never had a time when I wasn't involved with someone since I was 19. Different people, but very little time when I was single.

I think I've been lucky, to be honest. People who want time away from dating are people who have been hurt at some point in their relationships.

• I've felt this way for a few years now. i date and everything but i just kinda stop short of a serious relationship. relationships are a lot of work and im not sure i want to put that much effort into anybody im meeting. so i dont.

• Sure I've gone through those.

• Nope. Im in open relationship's mindset. Still dating to find the best one.

• No I always want to find love

• I broke up with my wife 3 years ago and haven't dated

What Girls Said 4

• yeah I've gone through those.

• I feel that way all the time... I really don't want anyone.

• Kind of. I just want to isolate myself from everyone on the entire earth.

• Yeah I get those. I have been single for almost a year and I feel happy just being by myself.