I am so desperate for a boyfriend but my parents won't allow me. Can I have some advice please?

I am so desparate for a boyfriend but my parents won't allow me becuase they think I'm too young. I'm 16 presently and I will be 17 in one month. The guys I like never seem to like me. I don't know if they would but they never make a move. I am not stuffed up. A guy should not be afraid to apporach me. I get jealous but not in a bad way when I see other younger couples than me holding hands and kissing. I crave for that connection. I usually say to myself, " When am I going to get a boyfriend?". My parents hold me back all the time.

Most Helpful Guy

• You've romanticized the relationship based on what the media/peers have presented to you.

I've never been in a relationship myself, but I can say that although it is a glamorous "teenage dream", it's not the most important thing right now for you.

Just hold on and calm down. Cause if guys realize that you are, "... desperate for a boyfriend...", they will either flock to you (for the wrong reasons) and be repelled by you. It's weird, I know. But just hold off for a while and focus on your school work. I remember hormones, they sucked, but it will pass eventually.

Besides, when your eighteen, you can do whatever you want... sort of.

Most Helpful Girl

• 1) Never be be desperate for a man.
    2) Never let others tell you what you can and cannot do in life.
    3) You are not ready for a relationship. What you described is a very shallow understanding of what it means to be in a relationship and what it provides to you and the other person. Your view is very typical for your age and (hopefully) will evolve with time. But until it does, you're not ready to be in one. Enjoy this time figuring yourself out for your cannot be an asset in a relationship unless you know yourself, your needs, and your limits.

What Guys Said 5

• Well your can try to get a boyfriend if you want, but just watch how far you take it. As just someone you can be your self and what not should be enough. Though here is a trick you don't have to wait for them to approach you but instead you can approach them.

parents by default will want to slow things down till your emotionally ready as it can have its up and downs. You can feel like your flying or in a pit of despair so make sure your ready first. and of course don't rush into the act of things as one of the main reasons is you dont want*or are ready* to be a *accidental* parent yet. Your still learning life so to speak, you won't have it all together for quite a few years.

• Listen to yr parents they are right u r quite young and trust me u r not missing out on mucj

• Don't tell them lol. I was working in a different country younger than you. I was 15, had a job, my own place to stay, a girlfriend everything and I was supposed to be finishing school. We had a lot more gumption back then though. Cut the bloody apron strings and stand on your own 2 feet

• I'd say just go for it but be safe about it. How do they know what you do when your not at home. Just use protection don't get pregnant

• Your father should put you on a leash...

What Girls Said 2

• Sounds to me like you want a boyfriend for the wrong reasons: desperation, validation, acceptance, ego boost.
    You need to calm down.

• wow im surprised at the shitty comments on this post.

believe me i am in the exact same boat as you except im 20. my four best friends have been in a relationship for at least 3 years. it is so lonely sometimes because i just want someone to be that close and comfortable with and they can be my friend as well as my boyfriend.

its so depressing i understand exactly how you feel. but you're young. just be patient and dont forget amazing guys are worth the wait. also if your parents are still being unreasonable when you're 18 you need to live your life and stand up to them. parents dont ALWAYS know whats best for you :)