Is my boyfriend insulting me?

Or he just wants to be affectionate?
He always calls me "little one" "little girl" "little darling" "little beauty" and the list goes on. Every damn time he uses the word "little"

We have almost the same height. Is this normal or why he talk to me like in a child?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds more like an endearing term.

Most Helpful Girl

• would you rather he refer to you as his 'thick-boned girl'? :P
    It's a term of endearment, not meant literally. I mean... when my boyfriend calls me 'baby', should I assume he seems me as nothing more than an infant? Of course not. It's a figure of speech more than anything else

What Guys Said 1

• He's clearly attacking your independence. To him you seem microcosmic.

What Girls Said 3

• I'm sure he's not insulting you. He may just be calling you little in an endearing way. Are you younger than him?

• Just for 2 years :)

• If you're younger than him that may be why he's saying little! He's just teasing you :)

• It's just a term of endearment, but it depends on what kind of person he is

• He is trying to be affectionate. Men sometimes have a very hard time been sweet, but hey your boyfriend is really trying to treat nice and sweet I can tell.