I talked to my crush finally. He gave me his number, but doesn't reply to my text?

I finally got the courage to went up to my crush and talked to him. I said I was interested and I wanted to get to know him. He made eye contact, but seemed a little nervous, like he was rubbing his neck and raising his shoulders.
He also seemed really surprised that I was into him. He actually seems to be very outgoing, social and confident. Even a bit snobbish. So I dont think he is shy.
But he said "Find my number from your classmates and text me today."
I was shocked. So I asked him to give his number himself. He gave me his number. Then he said he had to go and rushed away.

I waited for a day to text him. But when I texted him, he didn't reply. Its been three days and he still haven't replied. He also didn't come to school.
Am I rejected? Is he avoiding me? Is he playing it cool or just not interested? And should I talk to him again? (I cannot find the courage to go up and ask him why he didn't reply since he always has dozens of guys around him.)
HELP.

What Guys Said 2

• Move on. Next time tell your potential boyfriend that he is to communicate with you at least once a day and if he doesn't you'll consider the relationship over and won't take him back. If they like you enough they'll respect your rule

• Well, since he doesn't know me, its more likely for him not to like me. But I guess he doesn't wanna know me, either. Thanks.

• He probably died.

• Thats what I thought...

• I dont know. I dont think its easy to miss a text. Should I just dont care tomorrow in school or talk to him?

• I would talk to him personally. But the things I would do tend to be the wrong thing so it's your call.

What Girls Said 0