Is it safe to assume a guy in his late 20s is single if he's going home to spend the Christmas holidays with his parents?

I mean if he had a girlfriend he'd surely want to spend the holidays with her right?

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on the guy. It is coincidental that's what I am doing.

• You mean you're single and going to spend Christmas with your family?

• Say you had a girlfriend and you were going together to spend the holidays with your family, would you mention you were going with her or just leave it at I'm going home for the holidays?

• It depends on who's asking, but I would mention her probably.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not neccesarily. I don't think you can jump to that conclusion. Too many possible variables.

What Guys Said 10

• maybe or maybe he wants to be with his family. i wouldn't presume a guy is single because he goes home to see his family at the holidays.

• More than likely he will go back home to spend the Holidays with family , unless persuaded to be somewhere else by someone else

• No, not at all. He has a family and his girlfriend has a family, holidays like Christmas and Thanksgiving is time to spend with your family, maybe after dating a while they can sacrifice one holiday to spend with his gf's family

• When I was across the country I spent Christmas alone. For a thanks giving and two birthdays I got my crush to spend them with me. We were both single and alone in that city

• well maybe thats not how he does it. my entire extended family gets together for the holidays.

• Maybe she's not a Christmas person and they've got a new relationship.

• No, it's just possible he cares enough about his parents to spend quality time with them at Christmas.

• No that's not safe. That's very unsafe.

• Christmas is about FAMILY; HIS PARENTS ARE HIS FAMILY.

WHAT THE HELL MAN?

• HELL NO, I spend time with my parents all of the time on the holidays with my girlfriend. Our families come together, IF I AM SERIOUS ABOUT HER.

What Girls Said 6

• Not really. My aunt has been married for over a year and she still spends the Christmas holidays with just her parents.

• Not a safe assumption. My boyfriend, who is in his late 20s, will be going home to spend Christmas with his family. So will I with mine.

• I would not assume that at all, it's pretty normal that anyone would spend Christmas with their parents, in a relationship or not. In addition to wanting to spend the holiday together, people normally get time off work near Christmas which makes it a good time to visit family. You see your significant other pretty regularly for the rest of the year.

• yes you can assume that

• Not safe to assume

• Maybe he's inviting his girlfriend to go to his parents.