Guy on dating site just told me he's a virgin. Not sure what to do?

So for the past few days I’ve been talking to a guy I meet on the POF dating site. He’s 23. During our second conversation he told me that he was a virgin but he has messed around in the past. He wanted to know what I thought of it and where I stood on having sex when in relationships. I thought this was really weird. I’m not sure why he would bring up this topic randomly? Does this seem like a red flag to you all since he brought this up so soon after we started talking? I’ve never a had guy mention this so soon after starting to talk to them and randomly!

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, red flag. At the very least, he is very worried and self-conscious about it to the point he can't hold back and blurts it out too soon. Or he is trying to make you feel sorry for him, and that is his angle to trick you into sex.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ask him if he's looking for a relationship or a hook-up because mentioning sex at all is weird.

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah, dude is looking for a sexual relationship, not a real one. I never bring up sex or anything towards that until she kinda brings it up or something after some dates.

• He may or may not be a virgin. You have no way of telling if he's truthful. I think he's just trying to manipulate you into thinking he's "innocent" and a "good person" to get closer to you so that he can rape you. Just a heads up.

What Girls Said 1

• it is so random but i wouldn't say it's a red flag.