Is Dating someone with a baby worth it?

I've been dating this guy with a 7 month old baby boy. He is there for me whenever i need him he treats me right and the sex is awesome the only problem is the mother of is child hates me and always start mess with me. She is in the way and his son is so young that i dont know if he will get back with her and try to make his family work i just would like to know will it be worth it to stay with the only man that makes me happy and see what this can turn into and just hope for the best or just let him be?

They broke up before his son was born

Most Helpful Girl

• Tbh I'm going through the same situation right now. It totally depends on how serious he is about you. Do you see yourself raising his child and possibly getting married at some point? If not I'd say it might not be worth it. There's so much extra stress that will come with pursuing this relationship. A baby is a big responsibility but if you feel that you want to make this work you need to "mark your territory" in other words and let his baby moms know that you're there to stay no matter what. I'm sure part of her issue would be having seeing another woman raise her child so at some point you'll have to sit with her and at least come to some sort of an agreement to be civil with one another for the sake of that child.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 6

• Unless he's the love of your life, No.

• totally agree with that. it sounds a bit shallow, but its the truth.

• @AmandaLynn1930 Yeah :/ So many troubles come when you get involved with someone who's essentially created a family with another woman. Their ex is and will always be a primary part of their life for the simple fact that they co-parent. In all honesty, some guys just aren't worth all the inevitable stress and problematic troubles. It's so hard to establish an appropriate place because you don't want to overstep boundaries but you can't help but want to nurture the baby and be an integral part of that piece of him. It just gets so tricky. Not a compromise worth making unless he's damn hella fuggin outstanding or the love of your life in my opinion

• No its not!

• I'd keep it casual until he and the baby mamma figure it out.
    He may be worth it, and if you're definitely okay with him having a kid.

But, talk to him about the situation with his kids mom, express your concerns and stuff.

• I am a 22 year old with two kids under the age of 5. If the man is treating you right and you are happy with him and the son doesn't get in the way of your relationship then don't worry about the mother. It didn't work with them for a reason.

In this generation everyone is having kids in a very young age, it doesn't mean you have to raise the son thats the parents job not yours. But you just have to understand that he has responsibilities towards his son and that boy is his world.

• If he's a good guy and makes you happy why not he just needs to keep her in check

• it's not worth being with a man who has kids especially a baby that young he should man up and focus on trying to make things work with the mother of his child.. honestly i wouldn't blame her, imagine being a mother and having the father of your kid messing with other women