Why is he always on his phone with me but takes forever to text back?

Whenever me and my boyfriend hang out or go do stuff he's always on his phone, texting other people or playing games. It makes me feel like I am just boring him when we are together. He took me to a hockey game and he was commenting back to his friend while the game was going on. I think he should have done that after the game and enjoyed being there with me. Also when we aren't together he takes forever to text me back or doesn't at all. I know he's phone is always on him so is he just bored with me in general?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not a good thing for someone to be present with another and occupy themselves with a phone. It's rude actually. The quick check of the phone is okay, a quick text sure. But the phone goes away for 90% of the time. If he does this along with not responding to your texts. It's showing a sign of disinterest. Whether this is a conscious decision he's making or he's not aware of how it's affecting you is anyone's guess. It's still disinterest and I'd bring it up. There's also the consideration of how often do you text? Because everyone needs time alone and to be in social contact with your girlfriend for the majority of everyday of every week is straining for anyone.

Talk to him about the phone while you're together. And if you hardly ever text him and he's not responding, then talk about that too.

• Usually he's the one who texts first but after I reply, he takes forever to text back or doesn't at all. I dont except to talk all day long but I would like to know how his day is going especially if he started the conversation.

• I do that too sometimes, don't text back right away. I try to keep texting less instant, more relaxed like email if that makes any sense. Being plugged in all the time kills me. But it could really be anything, he's busy, he doesn't know how to respond, I'm not sure. Really the best way is to bring it up and ask him about it =)

Most Helpful Girl

• Seems a bit shady to me but who knows? He could be talking to a side hoe just as well as he could be talking to a friend. It still sucks though that he doesn't really pay attention to you while you're together. I'd mention it to him and see what he says

What Guys Said 2

• He's just occupied by non sense thing like apps. Soon or later, you will fall out of love and he will be prepared to get dumped lol! Communicate with him lovingly, respectful that you don't want him to be in this way, ''hey bae... just wanna say i love you, loved spending time with you, i will appreciate if you look at me more rather just bury your head on your phone cause i'm LIVE, in front of you, if you married your phone, good.. give me a call if you change your mind, cause i'm gonna find another loving man who respects me as a person and my time. ''

• He sounds like a bit of a lousy boyfriend if you ask me. It's common sense to not look at your phone during a date. It's kinda obvious to me anyway. He isn't giving you the attention a boyfriend should... that's for sure. A relationship can only succeed when both parties want and will put the time, attention, effort, and communication into it. So you're next step is to communicate with him. You have to let him know how you feel otherwise nothing is going to change. Hope this helps!

What Girls Said 0