Are people truly happy in life?

Maybe it's just my depression talking , but is anyone actually happy? You look around and see lots of people putting on smiling faces but turn on the tv and look at the world. It's hell on earth. Do people really forget how bad this place actually is? People are so cold and mean to one another. Myself personally , I find life bland. We do the same things everyday. Same routine. And sadly , unless you have lots of money to be able to go and travel , and do whatever you want whenever.. It's not easy. We have the same job , same faces and places. And we do it , every single day. And at the end , where do we end up? A grave. In the dirt.

Most Helpful Guy

• Solomon said it better than I ever could, in Ecclesiastes, and I don't know the Bible well but I love this part:

"And I gave my heart to seek and search out by wisdom concerning all things that are done under heaven: this sore travail hath God given to the sons of man to be exercised therewith. I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit. That which is crooked cannot be made straight: and that which is wanting cannot be numbered.

"I communed with mine own heart, saying, Lo, I am come to great estate, and have gotten more wisdom than all they that have been before me in Jerusalem: yea, my heart had great experience of wisdom and knowledge. And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit. For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow."

The only (apparently) truly happy people I have known had not much wisdom or knowledge. And I felt something close to envy.

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone has good days and bad. The key is to focus on the good and try to be grateful for hat we do have as opposed to what we don't.

It's a bit harder if you're dealing with mental health issues though... if you're in that position try therapy and/or medication.

What Guys Said 7

• That is truly sad. The world is quite fun and exciting. You should go out on a walk and enjoy the beauties of nature

• I try and not bother myself with the burdens of the world, but they do come. I have seen it all and want to unsee, but I can not. All in all no I am not an extremely happy person. For every person there is a happy day, but for me there a more melancholy days. I usually just put a mask on. I have found that playing my saxophone and taking a nice walk in the woods calms me more. I do not know if this helps, but I must say it does help me to see that I am not alone.

• Not a bit...

• No. You always want what you cannot have.

• "Poor man wanna be rich, rich man wanna be king, and the kind ain't satisfied 'till he rules everything."

• Well I guess I can't have happiness, because that is all I want. I just want to not feel the way I do anymore.

• I am happy, I am getting an ice cream sundae on a Tuesday. Go me!

• Many, many people are really happy.

Many, many people are depressed.

The difference is in their head, more than in their life circumstances.

• most wear a mask. if you are not a godly person you are not happy. people are just not made to worship money and flesh.

• and no fmy friend. your grave is your beggining not your end.

What Girls Said 0