Girls, Do you like a guy who's straight forward and tells you exactly what he wants from the start? or do you want him to flirt for a bit?

So say you two have been talking for a few weeks or months.

And when I say he's straight forward, I don't mean in a creepy pervy way where he hits on you. I mean, he comes up and says, "Hey, I really like talking to you and find you very attractive. Do you wanna give us a shot?" Maybe not those exact words, but in that kind of fashion. Then after he lays out what he wants, THEN he'll start flirting with you. OR would you rather him flirt with you and play games first before he asks you out and tells you that he likes you?

• I want him to be straight forward.
    55% (51)
  • I want him to flirt first for a little bit.
    45% (42)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

12

Most Helpful Girl

• I much prefer straight forward guys. I don't like not knowing what he wants from me. Although flirting is nice I always find myself expecting a more romantic relationship and later on he'll tell me he just wants a casual thing. Flirt for a few days then make your intentions clear I think.

What Girls Said 11

• Flirting first - but making it clear it isn't unintentional and you don't flirt with anyone else and it's obvious you're going to ask us out - or are encouraging us to ask you out.

There is something to be said about foreplay - in all aspects of the dating world.

• The flirting is the fun part - I just love anticipation!

This guy and I (who used to work together for a year) have been flirting subtly, on and off, for the last 4 years. We went out for drinks last night and we finally talked about what we wanted (basically saying that we do actually like each other, and are open to seeing where things might lead). We didn't even end up kissing, but he was running his hand up and down the inside of my thigh. It felt so good - and that was almost certainly because of the flirting and anticipation.

I wouldn't recommend waiting 4 years though! lol - it's just the way our circumstances have played out.

• Yes please!!! I cannot bear all the mucking about when it comes to dating. I repsect guys so much more when they're honest about what they want (even if it isn't the same as what I want). At least you know where you stand with them.

• I want him to be straight forward. BUT
    i want him to flirt a little.

• I meant to vote A. If you've been talking for a few weeks or months and she seems into you, I think it's the time for you to tell her.

• Absolutely, nothing is worse than wasted time.

• I'm very straightforward, so I prefer him to be straightforward too.

• I've never been pursued by a guy who is straight forward like that. It's frustrating. I wish guys were all more up front. Heck, I wish all people were more up front. But I know I get nervous and don't say anything sometimes.

• It depends if he actually ended up telling me he liked me because most guys don't. But I think it would be fun getting to know each other a bit first

• Definitely want a little flirting game to go on. Cause where's the fun in just telling?

• Well think about it from a guys point of view. A girl gets flirted with at least 2 or 4 guys. some have been going at it for weeks if not longer. then a new guy comes in and is far behind. what should he do? start late and have another guy get her first? or just go right up to her and ask her out? A guy gets rejected a lot during the dating game. its just faster and easier to get straight to the point, THEN flirt while dating.

• true true. but still. flirt a bit and then ask her

• Flirting is really fun but it can also be confusing so I prefer guys who are straight forward 100%. It's a relief honestly and takes some stress out of it all. A little flirting doesn't hurt at all though ;)