Why don't guys ever want to date me?

I'm attractive, smart, funny and always trying to make people happy - not to sound conceited.
Every now and then I meet a guy but he never takes things ahead - it seems like they don't think I'm girlfriend material. These last few years I've met 2 guys online, we deeply fell in love with each other but they always told me they couldn't date me because of distance. It breaks my heart because all I want is a boyfriend for me to cherish and love. What is wrong with me? 😿

Most Helpful Guy

• It could be that those people online can obviously see how serious the relationship will be. Another thing could be that they were only trying to get in your pants, boost their ego, don't want to be in a too serious relationship from the start, etc. Maybe guys are worried that you expect too much because you want to have someone that you can really love. I don't know if any of this is true, but it could be that you come off as intense when it comes to love. Buuuut I hope you find out and find the love you're looking for. Good luck :)

What Guys Said 22

• You fell in love with guys you met online and they never dated you. That is not mature love; that is puppy love or wanting to be in love or being in love with the idea of being in love. There's one huge problem.

You didn't post a picture so no one can comment on your appearance. I have known women who were reasonably attractive but dressed either childishly or like an older woman or they had some crazy hair style.

Maybe you are so eager to be in a relationship that you appear to be desperate and clingy.

This is a little bit to get you started thinking. Remember, the way you perceive yourself is not the same as the way other people perceive you.

• I reeeeally don't think my appearance is the problem. Really. I've previously posted a "how do i look" question and got several great compliments. But I do believe my flaw is to believe in long distance relationships. I just don't know how these guys I met online think I'm amazing, while guys irl don't

• Give up on LDRs. Concentrate on finding someone where you are.

• Well, they said it: distance. Personally, I don't understand online, long distance relationships. It's just not feasible. I'm not saying you can't meet someone and make a connection, but unless you or they are willing to uproot and relocate, it's a fool's errand.

• Nothing is wrong except that you are still a traditional girl, waiting for the guy to come and make an offer on you...
    Most guys aren't into that tradition any longer!
    You have to go out, join clubs for people with your interests, and even ask the guy out for coffee once in a while...

All you need is to break out of the traditional mold here!

• I go out A LOT. Thats what i dont get

• Well, let me clarify; going out not just physically, but going out and interacting without waiting for the suitors to properly line up...

• When i hear about a girl like u not getting asked out by guys, I think about a girl that isn't flirting enough and isn't showing signs of interest through body language and eye contact!

The girls who seems to always have guys interested in them and making moves on them aren't the most attractive girls, it is the girls who flirt the most effectively and send the most signals!

• Nothing, I like smart attractive and humorous girls, so as far as concerned with me, everything's fine wid u,... Also many women are going through the same phase as you, while many men I don't know, are going through same phase as me.. I too want a partner who understands me, but I'm patiently searching!! So, its not a big deal for me.. But if you re impatient and desperate then you should try and approach guys! All the best!! Hope this helps!!!

• There's nothing wrong with you. I strongly doubt there's anything wrong with you. I don't know why guys won't date you.

• There's nothing wrong with you. You're human and you need to be loved.

How Soon is Now? That's the question.

• Maybe guys are too shy to ask you out and guys online are after some quick fun and no commitment

• Do you come off as desperate? I hope you're not offended by the question.

• I really don't think so 😕

• Well message me and let's give it a go.

• Perhaps it's because you talk to much about yourself?

• That's exactly the opposite of what i do. But when I'm writing a post about myself I do have to talk ab myself 😂

• How can I not talking about myself when asking a personal question? 😂

• See, if you put that much effort from analyzing my comment into.. Geez I don't know? Maybe finding a guy. Perhaps you wouldn't be crying over being single in an online advice forum. :)

• Nothing is wrong with you, i hate to say it (because i hate the phrase myself) but you just haven't found the right person yet, i would chat to to, but you're anonymous so i can't

• Did someone say funny? 😀

• Well... ma body is rdy so look no further anon babez 👙💋

• You're boring.

• nothing wrong in you.. you are just not getting the right guy in your place..

wait for you will get soon

• I would date you. I do long distance relationships.

• Nothing sounds wrong to me.

• Your post is so "funny".

• They like you, but you are difficult to approach because of that

• me too girls dont wan to date me , im popular in my school but im still single... just find sm good who loves you who you are...

• you are a bitch perhaps?

• I don't know, this post isn't exactly helping me. People's solutions are always "you're self-centered, you're ugly, you're a bitch". Can't it be something else?

• What makes someone a bitch?

• attitude for the most part

What Girls Said 5

• What's wrong with you is that you're waiting for guys to take initiative to approach you while you're probably doing nothing to make yourself stand out from all the other 'attractive, smart, funny', and overall sociable girls out there. Try actually doing something to get a guy's attention like say, approaching him. Striking up conversation.

• Same sentiment!! But in my part, guys choose to be friends with me because I unintentionally put them in the "friend zone" I am like one of the boys and they see me as their sister, which is kinda sad for me :(

• maybe you are too good for guys around you ;)

• you are too good for the boys you met. You will one day meet the one that deserves you.

• Your fat and ugly maybe?

• Ma body wouldn't mind honestly 😉

• Your doing something wrong. Are you a bitch perhaps?

• I don't think so no 😊