Is it wrong for a freshman in highschool to date a freshman in college?

There's this guy that I met who used to go to my highschool and is now in college. We've been messaging ever since we met at one of my plays.
Half of my friends tell me that he is too old and probably wants to take advantage of me but the other half say that he is only 4 years older and in the grand scheme of things that isn't that much.
We've talked about dating (not each other) just in general, I guess I just need to know would it be bad for a freshman in highschool to date a freshman in college?

Most Helpful Girl

• You're under 18 so it may be best to wait until you're 18 to date him.

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think it's a good idea. Not only because it would technically be illegal, but because you two are in different places in life... He's in college, it's a lot different than being in high school.

• Thank you so much 😊 I really appreciate the opinions!!! And I totally agree and now that I've thought it over I think we should just stay friends!

• I don't think so.. If it's Love, then forget about the world and their negativities...