How important is height when dating?

I'm really short (5'6), my dad is 6'0 but my mum is 5'0 so just got unluckey I suppose. I was wondering how much of a difference my height would make when dating? Is it worth buying insoles or something similar to make me look taller?

• Height is very important
  • I'm not really bothered
a good point, does anyone know when guys stop growing? or does it change from guy to guy?

Most Helpful Guy

• just trust me on this one as a fairly tall guy at 6'4" i confirm to you that height has nothing to do with it i am a 21 years old virgin who never had a girlfriend his whole pathetic life while my 5'9" friend on the other hand is chain fucking girls so believe me on this it's only a portion of girls that prefer tall guys and i have yet to meet those crazed girls about tall dudes like me because i can't se them anywhere

• thanks mate big confidence boost, sorry about your social life though

• it's ok man anything to cheer up a bro i am struggling through major depression but i'll find a way

• It doesn't mean girls don't prefer tall guys. Height isn't the only thing a girl considers...

For example I think 5'11" is a more attractive height than 5'8", but if that 5'11" guy isn't attractive and has a bad personality, the 5'8" is much more attractive to me.

What Girls Said 14

• To me personally height isn't that important.

• You're probably not done growing so I don't think it's worth it to buy insoles to make you look taller because the right girl won't care if you're tall or not. Personally though, I like taller guys because I am fairly tall and it's kind of awkward when you hug a guy who is shorter than you but then again, that's just me, a lot of girls really don't care.

• You're only 16, you've still got a couple of years left to become taller. It's not an issue for me though.

• Relax 😊 5'6 is a cute height! As a short girl, I don't want to date super tall guys anyway. Chew on that.

• I'm not really bothered

• Strongly prefer average height to a bit above, but it isn't a make or break thing if he isn't 5'9" and up. I'm just usually less attracted to guys who are under about 5'8".

• I like a tall guy but considering I'm around 5'2" that's not hard for me to find and my idea of tall is probably a lot lower than many other taller girls. 5'6'' is tall enough for me.

• i knew a guy who was 5'4" throughout high school. then when i went back home for college break, i saw that he had shot up to 6'0". so i wouldn't worry about it until then.

• i don't care at all. i sometimes prefer someone my height.

• To me it's kind of important because I'm fairly tall for a girl and I wear heels and it weird to be on a date with a guy who looks like he is your nephew

• to me, personally, height does matter to me. I'm 5'5 and my boyfriend is 5'9, perfect hight :))) he's still got a lot of growing to do and I'm fully grown now lol

• If you are just 15 then you will end up being 5'8 tall !!

• @Ab1997 no I'm fully gown now, its my boyfriend how is still growing

• As you say , but i have seen 15 year old girls do grow 1-2 inch!!! :)

• height doesn't really matter you know? being tall is cool. being shirt is cute. as long as your love is real height or weight doesn't matter.

• I think height doesn't matter if you really like them, it should'nt matter.

• i'm above average height and I would like my man to be the same height as me or a little taller

What Guys Said 10

• I'm 6'3 now and I was like 5'8 when I was your age. Give it some time especially if your dad was a little on the taller side.

• thanks, talked to dad apparently he was a late grower so still could get some extra inches

• I don't think I could date a girl taller than me it'd just be weird.

• Well it doest matter much!!! You can get to date girls between 5'0 - 5'8 !!! Cheer up !! I am also not tall , 5'9 only , but i dont care about it..! We dont need 6'0 girls (no offence) XD

• @Ab1997 why did people downvote me?

• I upvoted You!!! You are telling the truth , it is weird to date taller women..!

• thanks mate, but average height for guys is 5'9 so I wouldn't say that you're small

• although I like your philosophy so what do u think about insoles? not bother or is it worth it?

• Well insoles are not bad but then again its temporary , I would suggest you not get obsessed with your height, there are lot of hollywood actors who are 5'6 or even less , so accept it , be proud & focus on your life. :)

• Out of 10 I would give 2/3. Not that important.

• Trust me, when someone likes you height (just like breast size) is not an issue. At all. Ever.

• I like fun sized women as call them, the slightly shorter ones lol but overall I don't mind if they are taller or shorter I mean height in general won't dictate whether I do or don't date a woman.

• Guys can grow as late as 25 or so, but it will vary from person to person, best to ask (or look at) some of your older family members, it's in your genetics.

• thanks talked to dad apparently he was a late grower so still could get some extra inches

• Yeah, most likely. Girls usually stop growing at 16, most guys grow until at least in their 20's

• I'd prefer a tiny chick but if a tall girl was pretty enough and didn't annoy me I'd let her call me her boyfriend.

• Taller chicks are hotter tbh

• For me it doesn't matter. I'm only 5'5 and I'm attracted to girls taller than me, shorter than me, and around my height. Been with a 5'7 girl and a 5'2 girl.

• I don't know I like being short. If you want to make yourself look taller then fine.