If you had a chance to be with "the one that got away" even if they did you wrong would you take it?

I dated this guy for two years but while we were together he cheated on me and got the girl pregnant. (This guy was the first guy I ever actually pictured a future with) anyways, he calls me a few months later crying about how he made a huge mistake and that he wishes he would've never treated me the way he did. I went off because I was still so hurt and never really told him how I felt. We stopped talking for a while and now he's back, they aren't together anymore and he wants to "start fresh" with me. He mentioned moving in together and he even talked about marriage. I'm not sure how to react to all this. For me he was "the one that got away" Would you give your ex a chance? And have you ever been in a similar situation so you can give me some advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• Definitely no way especially considering the circumstances and how he treated you and has a baby with the tramp he cheated with. He knows he screwed up and now wants his cake and eat it. You had a lucky escape and you're the one that got away not him! You have a chance of meeting a great guy without the baggage and drama so don't look back.

A guy only has one chance then he's out as a rule.

What Guys Said 3

• I wouldn't. Sounds like it was a good thing he got away. Exes should remain in the past. People do not change, it will not be different this time.

• You are too young to have one "get away" and this is a terrible idea.

• There's no "the one". There's no "Mr./Mrs. Perfect". There's no "soul mate". These concepts only exist in the minds of hopeless romantics.

He's just a guy. Sure maybe y'all had a closeness and maybe it would have worked. Maybe y'all could have gotten married. Had kids. However, it's not like he's the only guy you can ever have and the only guy who would be perfect for you. There are millions of guys who could be perfect for you.

Just my view.

What Girls Said 1

• No, I would not.