Dear attractive girls (9/10 and above), do you purposely seek out men who are not as good looking as you so that you stand out more?

You see it all the time... A fat dude with a KNOCK OUT wife.

Or (Exhibit B) a Hollywood leading man with a fat wife.

Examples:
Exhibit A. Donald Trump's wife

Exhibit B. Pierce Brosnan

Given, I understand THE Donald, as he says, is 'rich' and 'successful'... I get that.

But here are other examples:

Exhibit C.

Exhibit D.

Here is an article that theorizes that women choose worship over love and that relationship lasts longer when one is significantly better looking than the other...

Article from the Elite Daily: elitedaily.com/.../

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• All of these men have money and/or power. That's what women value the most. Men value physical attributes; thus, women spend a lot of time making sure they look good.

What Girls Said 15

• Maybe some attractive girls choose to go with guys who are not 'equivalent' to them in terms of physical appearance because more average looking guys are able to see through her beauty easier, and appreciate who she is as a person more than just someone physically stunning. Once the girl sees that a guy, regardless of his appearance, is capable of treating her like a normal human being, I'm sure she'd find that to be quite endearing.

• i dont see myself as a 9 and above, but my answer is that it depends on the woman's intention. illl say that any woman who thinks this way is quite narcissistic and considers her own partner someone to compete with. its pretty stupid haha since looks fade.

as for me, in my experience, looks alone have never been what draws me to someone. i dont see myself as someone that needs to 'outshine' my partner.

• The only men I seek out are men that will treat me with respect and that aren't going to mess me around. I don't care what way they look at all.

• Money attracts gold diggers, as simple as that.
    I'm not a nine but just wanted to share my opinion.

• guys just dont realize that personality is (almost) everything. the fat and old dude, its for money. but for exhibit D, even though he is nott the stereotypical definition of attractive, howard stern is really funny and quirky in a good way. i wouldn't choose a guy like that if it was all about looks, but i would give him a chance if i was his age and we met because we prefer a decent looking guy with an amazing personality, over an amazing looking guy with a decent personality.

• How about Brad Pitt circa Legend of the Fall-looks, Bill Gates-money, Will Ferrell-personality all in ONE man?

• Please name a celebrity that is closer to your type.

• Warren g in the '90s when he was about 20.

• I literally just read an scientific article and it says women prefer men who are slightly more attractive than them. They're less likely to cheat and are way more open about their relationship than with a less attractive man.

• It's called having money.

As you can see from the photos. I'm not a 9 or 10 at all but this pattern is very easy to see with these women.

• You do realize that women are good for things other than looks, right? Most of the hotties here have low on brain cells. Of course they picked a moneyed ugly guy to provide for them.

• Ok so first off, I don't think you should compare Hollywood stars' lives with real life. While, clearly, that is real life to those extraordinary rich people, it's not the average lifestyle. No, I don't think MOST women seek out men who are unattractive. I think that some women who are more attractive than their spouse/significant other may have fallen in love with them. However, I won't be naive and say that they all are in love. Sometimes, some people do marry or date people less attractive than themselves for different reasons than love, whether it's money, power, fame, etc. When it all boils down to it, every person is different. I personally wouldn't marry or date for reasons like I stated above but yes, some women would.

• I've got a question, how do you know if you're 9 or above. Who dictates that? What are the guild lines?

• Figure it out. Looks are subjective but you see 'Rate Me 1-10' on GaG every ten minutes.

Therefore, all the girls whose average is at least a 9.0 are eligible to answer this question.

Furthermore, other criteria such as being a Victoria Secret model; and/or being paid to look attractive and model consumer goods will be considered.

• Well what would you rate me?

• 'Dear attractive girls (9/10 and above)'

Really?

• I usually seek out guys on my own attractiveness level (or near it.) I wouldn't want a guy to 'worship' me anyway; I'd like to think that he viewed us as equals throughout our relationship.

• I go by how that person makes me feel. chemistry. And how we bounce off each other. By then if someone else might think they aren't good looking. I already do because we had a connection and that's all that matters in my eyes!

• Is the connection enough to keep you and influence you to stay when you have bills to pay and have to put food on the table for the kids?

• I don't know exactly what my number would be, but I have a problem with men only wanting to treat me like a sex object. They go on about my "great body," "really pretty face," etc. Then it's all about skills with physical intimacy. So, I am always seeking someone with something else to offer me besides being physically coveted. I can handle him being less physically attractive if he's good at conversing, funny, treats me really well, or has a lot to offer in terms of quality of life. I try not to let that last one matter much because I can care for myself and want to earn what I have... Yet, it doesn't hurt.

• I am not claiming to be a 10 or anything but i go for guys whose personality I find attractive. Some of them might look below average but I still think their awsome personality and the fact that they love me despite my shortcomings makes up for their less than perfect looks. Besides I am a very possessive person and if he's a tad below average I know that a lot of girls won't go after him and he'll never be thinking he could have done better so he is all mine. In other words yea I am possessive and jealous.

• Thank you for answering this question. To my understanding, you stated that since he is a tad below average [then other girls won't go for him; he is all yours]". But, do you think that you miss out on your full potential to go for someone who is great just like you are great in his eyes?

• Lol, I'm a male and I openly admit that I know nothing about how girls think, but I don't think girls need to eyefuck guys since any girl can get laid on demand.

• Assuming that you are attractive, are you often approached by guys?

What Guys Said 5

• I don't know but I don't think such women purposely do so like that

• Hmmm, not sure what to make of that article.

• Good God, smh

• All the guys in those pictures are famous...

• A lot of girls do this, attractive or not. I have heard so many times that they're afraid of dating someone much prettier than them. It makes them feel insecure.