Why did my student did this?

I was grading some papers before class started meanwhile some students were coming in. "Amy" is the student that sits infront of my desk and she came in with her loud music and her heavy bag. So I uncounciously looked at her while she was distracted, and then she noticed I was looking and she smiled a bit confused and off the blue she stuck her tongue out at me and smiled, not only that but when she saw my surprise she laughed even harder.

I don t know how to interpret her behavior, I have been her teacher for 3 college semesters and she had never done this. I m respectful and I try my best to maintain as professional as possible. I don t want to misinterpret her behavior. Any help or opinions are fully appreciated! Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• Young girls, not even god knows how to interpret their behavior!

Most Helpful Girl

• She wanted to duh who care really!

What Guys Said 1

• It's just a girl acting playful/quirky. Doesn't look like she had any malicious intentions.

What Girls Said 2

• It doesn't mean anything.
    :)

• Wow... She was just being embarrassed and silly. There's nothing much here to interpret. I do that sticking out tongue and stupid grin all the time...