Why do I keep comparing my new boyfriend with my ex?

For some reason I keep comparing my new boyfriend with my ex... I'm not sure why tho?

Most Helpful Guy

• Did you recently date your ex? If so I bet that relationship and how you interacted and felt are in your active conscious. That's part of why being single for awhile can be nice rather than starting a relationship a week or month later.

Maybe you just compared him to your ex because your ex is what you're use to. It's also possible you think your ex is really special and don't like the new guy as much.

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel you. Doing that as well.
    It is because, maybe deep down inside, I do know for sure that this ex is the most compatible with me. I keep comparing the new guy with him. I hate this for sure but can't do anything about it, until I get someone so much better than him.. I guess

• That was my first thought. Why date the new guy if you want another guy?

• don't stop looking, like what i'm doing now. keep looking for that someone more than the ex

• you two broke up for a reason.
      sometimes someone came to your life just to make us as a better person for someone else, you know.

What Guys Said 2

• Could be a number of reasons. Iv had to deal with that, it stings a little every time you get compared to someone. No one is the same and even if we don't say it we all feel unique.

• U'd be left in the dust immediately if u mention that to him

What Girls Said 1

• Because you have always wanted to have a better one - and you afraid the new one is somehow less better.