Why is the such a need for women to be shorter than men to date them?

I'm have a huge issue finding a girlfriend because of my height. It's extremely furstrating that I can find someone over something I can't change.

Most Helpful Girl

• A lot of girls would feel too masculine being taller than their male partner. Men are on average taller than women, so a woman being taller than the man kind of goes against the status quo.

What Girls Said 1

• I'm a tall woman 5'9" and my boyfriend is my height, I do prefer taller men, however I wouldn't be opposed to dating a shorter guy if he had qualities I liked.

What Guys Said 2

• It's genetic. In every culture of humanity, the men are taller than the women. This is a reflection of the hunter-gatherer set up of early humans, as the men needed to be larger in order to survive.

Don't get me wrong, I would prefer to date a girl pretty much the same height as I am (Even though I'm only 5'6''), but that's just how it is.

• There are a lot of short girls still but it's usually them with the issue of wanting a taller guy than a guy who is short caring if she is shorter or taller