Is 20 years old too young to be constantly be talking about the stock market?

Lol I'm a stock market guru and I've been studying it for years. I've made a lot of money in it. Recently went on a date and she told me she was majoring in finance and I just immediatley started talking about my portfolio. Thought she would be interested but she seemed very disinterested. No sex was made that night.

• Too young for such a dull subject all the time.
  • You're making $$ the easy way. Stock market is interesting. Not too young.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a forex trader and I'm 20 years old. I spend most of my days reading articles about trading and economics and analyzing charts. It isn't too young. Trading is fun, and if you do it right, it can be even more exciting than sex. It's money, it's being able to predict the market behaviour and earn a lot if you right. It's like gambling, but it isn't gambling, it's a true science if you know about macroeconomy and technical analysis; and it's really one of the few activity that can makes you a millionaire. So, keep it up.

• How long did it take you to feel comfortable enough to trade forex?

• I'm thinking about trading instead of just 'investing' I hear day trading only 1/10 people make it and the other 9 give up lose and quit. How does that compare to swing trading?

• I'm a swing trader, cause I usually take my positions open for more than one day, since I just trade the 4 hours, daily, weekly and montly timeframe. It's true that just few people become full-time trader, but that's because of psychology. Most people can't control fear and greed, want to become millionaire within few weeks and end up with nothing. You need to being in charge of your emotions and think to the long run. What matters isn't having all now, but working in order to increase your capital through compound interest. Trading is 80 percent psychology and 20 percent technique.

Most Helpful Guy

• For a date yes its a terrible subject. So are you signed under your parents still or do you have a private account?

• I don't need a join account. I started with 10k capital.

• US..

• Depends on the state some its 18 years old to start others its 21, i thought it was throughout the US that you had to be 21, my mistake.
      I have been investing on my own for around 8 years with a joint account however all decisions were made by me, it is definitely fun to watch what the market does, I will grant you that.

What Girls Said 8

You should teach me about it!

• I would find that topic dull no matter how old you were.

• It's boring to listen to no matter how old you are.

• I think it is great that you have an interest like this. It sounds very lucrative.

• I'm all ready thinking about it and I'm only 14 never too early to be prepared

• Talking business on a date for pleasure is never a good idea.

• That is great! But maybe it is not the best date topic.. Although, since she majored in finance you would think she would be interested. But maybe she was jealous that you are making a lot of money in it.

• Please, when I was 17 and a senior in high school my finance teacher had us all take part in a virtual stock market situation for 6 months where we actually had a certain amount of money, would invest stocks in whatever company we wanted, and it kept track of the actual companies and we played the stock market for a while. It was actually pretty cool. So no, you're not weird!

• I didn't learn about it till I was 18 outside of high school. If I started @ 16 I would be ballin right now.

• Haha well regardless if you like it and you're having fun that's what matters right?

What Guys Said 6

• No that's great. Not many of your peers will be into investing yet, but screw them man!

• Talking about your portfolio on a date, you might as well whip your cock out and set it on the table to try to impress her. Nobody wants to talk money on a date. Makes you come off as a braggart.

• Well, you need diversity on talks xD

by the way, don't you want to make a a Mytake teaching the basics of what you do and some tricks to do some money? Im needing it :) :p

• I would love to learn about it

• can someone help me with the basics?
      i would like to know more information about it, how to begin, how much would i need to begin with and all that.

• Who cares what your age is?

• It's not your age.

It's that you suck at conversation. If you want to keep trading won't be a problem. If you ever want to move into other things around finance, it would be. Also having the sex made that night ;)

Try to focus less on what you're saying - which is probably well crafted and expresses ideas well. Focus instead on what she's hearing and comprehending, and how she's reacting, and what she wants to talk about.