How do guys feel paying for the first date?

I have a date tomorrow and I was just curious how careful I should be about spending.
i usually look for the cheapest thing on the menu and only get water.
if I were paying though, I would definitely get a glass of wine and order one of the seafood dishes (I'm pretty health conscious). Should I order what's normally would order? Or should I try to spend as little as possible?

Most Helpful Guy

• When I pick a restaurant I usually check online and make sure that I have enough for 2 of the most expensive meals, desert and alcohol that way I'm not taken off guard. It's customary for the guy to pay and unless it's discussed first just assume he'll be ready for it.

• By far the best answer!! That is very considerate of you. I wish there were more guys like that my age.

• Thank you, and I appreciate MHO.

What Guys Said 8

• I don't care what anyone says really... I usually pay for the first date.. I think it's the gentlemen thing to do. In any case, if I was on a date with someone, I would want them to order what they actually want and not something cheap like salad and/or water, unless they are on a diet or something. I mean you can get those any time of the week so why not order something good like steak, lobster and/or wine? Just have a good time with your date is all I'm saying.

• No problem, old fashion customary thing to do. You can pay on the next date.

• Aslong as you don't abuse the fact he is paying it's good. Just order what you'd normally want

• It's traditional so it feels pretty normal. I went to lunch with my crush once and she ordered water and I fell in love with her.

• Fuck bitches. Get money.

• i always pay, and i don't care what you order

• Order what you want but bring some money just in case he wants to split the bill, some guys will still cover the whole thing anyway

• If I like her I might pay for it and I don't really care what she orders unless it's lobsters and champagne or something, if I don't like her we'll be splitting that bill! lmao

• Really? Even if you asked a girl out and it was your first date? I've always had the guy pay for a first date...

• Which is shame... I'm guna say it has something to do with girls using tinder dates as a way to get a free mel. Which is ridiculous. More and more girls are doing that these days

• Yeah I think girls have had a hand in killing chivalry but dudes have been up to plenty of nonsense too. It's the age we live in, if you blindly go around trying to do the right thing all the time you'll be a target.

What Girls Said 2

• I think you need to order what you want. If a guy didn't want to pay for it then he wouldn't take you to that nice place. And it's always nice to offer to pay for your share at the end even if he doesn't take it.

• Well he is new to the area and I suggested it.. Haha still apply?

• Well I really think a guy who pays on the first date is sweet but I always offer to pay for myself especially because everyone's money situation is different.

• Well for me the guy will have to pay for my first date its my first date ever.