What does it mean when girls always just want to be friends online?

We will get into the whole discussion of what one another is looking for and I find many girls will say oh im just looking for friends or to meet people. Is this code for something? I'm fine with finding a few female friends, nothing wrong with that. Sometimes I think they just aren't going to say, they're looking to date. I think if the right guy came around she would date him.

Opinions?

Most Helpful Girl

• Plain and simple: you're a strange online. Chances are, you could be a creep, send us dick pics, or you may not even be real. Also, there's the whole issue of not wanting to meet someone online: once again due to the epidemic of creeps and because it's a serious commitment with a lot of risks. I personally don't ever date people online even though I get approached for these reasons. Also, if it's not a dating site it's totally not abnormal for them to not be looking.

Most Helpful Guy

• If the right guy came along, of course she would date him. However, you cannot expect her to broadcast her intentions. The unwanted attention that would attract would be irritable to say the least.

• Yeah my thinking is the girl wants to avoid being too obvious for the fear of looking desperate.

What Girls Said 7

• no i dont think thats it. i think you should take her at face value., iff she changes her mind shell let you know. but assuming she's hiding here true intentions for whatever reason is another form of no means yes. you should stop. respect her voice. if she isn't honest with you thats her problerm, not yours. go by what she says, dont read into it.

@ Yeah my thinking is the girl wants to avoid being too obvious for the fear of looking desperate.

• It's not code for something, it literally means they're just looking for friends. Like when I meet someone I make it pretty clear that I'd just like to be friends and I'm not looking for a romantic relationship (yet), but some of those guys will end up asking you out anyways and then never speak to you again when you decline. Hopefully you're not one of those.

• Usually she's the one who never speaks to me again. It seems for me the best way to get rid of a girl is to ask her out. lol

• I don't ask out a girl who says she wants to be friends. There is nothing wrong with having some female friends. Although I find girls just say this cause they aren't attracted and it's just an easy way for her to let me down cause usually I don't hear from them after that. It really seems that the only reason a girl would hang out with a guy is cause she has an agenda.

• Personally, I say that because I don't know those boys and they could be fake or already in a relationship. I don't trust them with my heart. It's not a code for anything, they're using their brains to protect them.

• It means they don't want dick pics, or guys who are dicks/people they're not attracted to.

• LOL don't overthink it. She's just looking for friends.

• That she's not interested in you / in dating... It's exactly what she says.

• 1) Just looking for friends
    2) Don't want to be in a relationship
    3) Not attracted to you

What Guys Said 5

• If a girl is a good friend online, and want to stay that way but does not want to meet, it could mean one or more of these 3 things:

1. She likes to keep her virtual and real lives distinct.

2. She's into this virtual world thing.

3. She feels insecure meeting people she has met online.

• there's definitely an art to online dating but seems like you're rushing things and so they go oh i want to be friends.

• It means she wants to be friends. Online friends.

• Either they already have boyfriend or not interested in relationship..

• She'd possibly be up for dating if the guy was relaxed enough and took the time to actually ask her.