Should I spend 5 grand on tattoo removal?

I have a large tattoo on my upper arm. It's disgusting looking. Have one on my chest. Hate it. A small quote on my ribs. I lift a lot of weights and it really takes away from my over all aesthetic. It's going to take like a year and a half to get these all off.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why the hell did you get them in the first place if you're just going to get them removed? Why didn't you go for a temporary tattoo?

• Because I was dumb and I was thinking in the moment.

• The scars may look worse than the tattoo themselves. This is why people shouldn't think in the moment when it comes to body modifications. I personally want an elf ear body mod, but I know I have to think about the risks that come with getting one (finding jobs, an S. O., coming across those who will think I'm crazy/those who won't take me seriously, and etc etc).

Most Helpful Guy

• I mean, if you have five thousand dollars to blow, nobody is stopping you. I also believe it isn't an easy process. I'm sure you've done more research than I have, anyway.

And this is why I feel like people should wait longer to have tattoos. It's legal at 18, but people still grow up a lot after that point. It's one thing to want a tattoo gone later on in life because it fades, or you change a lot over 20 or 30 years, but wanting them gone by the age of 25 is unfortunate :(

Sorry, I'm just rambling. Best of luck to you dude. You'll have to live with those tattoos for the rest of your life, and suffer them fading and whatnot down the road. Or remove them. Both kind of suck. I'd get them off if they were a big problem.

What Girls Said 4

• if its really bad than yes!

• If you hate them then they're going to bother you forever so it's definitely worth it. Once they're removed im sure it will be a relief and money well spent.

• I would say only remove the one that's most visible (your arm)

• Can you post a pic?

What Guys Said 4

• Not telling you what to do, but you might consider going to a few other tattoo artists to see if they can fix it, some are good enough that they can take messed up tats and make them into incredible works of body art, just something to consider.

• No, because it scars and doesn't even fully remove.

• it will still be there. just look at that 1 dude who used to play for the colts (i forget his name right now, but he's still ballin). he got his tat removed and you can still see it. why did you even get them in the 1st place?

• It doesn't exactly make it like nothing was there from what I have seen it just removes the coloring but you can tell something was there, did you ever have the laser removal place show the before and after pics? Some people just tattoo over the bad ones like that show