At what age have you met/started dating the person you want to spend your life with?

So, what age? I'm talking about house, mariage, children, ... When did you met that one person who made you want all of this?

Most Helpful Guy

• 27 going into 28. I was having lunch with friends and I noticed a girl crying across the table from us, I walked up to her asked her if she was okay, I made a few jokes to cheer her up. We then exchanged emails and we started talking and I asked her out after about a week of talking. I knew she was the one after the 3rd date. Now a year later we are engaged to be married.

Most Helpful Girl

• I was 13 when I met my husband and 15 when we started dating.

• Wow, too bad that doesn't happen more often tho

• I think it can happen more often, but that people (of various ages) are so caught up with instant gratification and idealism that they pass up great opportunities. I have been with my husband for 11 years and it was definitely a lot of hard work, but worth it in the end. We see the best in each other, and it doesn't matter that we are not perfect 10's, or that we don't have thousands of dollars to splurge on, because at the end of the day; good looks and money don't equate to a happy healthy marriage.
      Love, commitment, compromise, and empathy do.

What Guys Said 24

• This was true for me at 38. My second marriage, this time married to @GraySailorsBride has been a smashing success for 9 years and counting.

I do have a son from a prior marriage (He lives with me.) I thought my ex and I were on the same page. Turns out we weren't even reading from the same book.

• Age 60 for me, but she was not my first!

• I haven't yet but I'd like it if I could meet them while I'm still young so that we can be with each other in our primes and grow old/mature together.

• I thought I had found her years ago but I was wrong so who knows *shrugs* maybe I have yet to meet her or maybe I already have.

• ill tell you when it happens. im becoming less open to the idea daily though.

• I thought I met her at 21. I was wrong.

Now I think I might have met a different her at 35.

• I was 15 when I met her.

• after 25-26 i have a steady job and good income and i want wife and children.

• Last year. Unusual circumstances, and a lot of challenges ahead, but she's worth it. We'll see how things go.

• I was 22, she was 24 and now we've been together for 14 years married for 12.

• This past year at age twenty I found my soulmate

• At about 13.

• at 19- the only person i ever dated, despite sleeping with many women previously

• well i met one i would have loved to do it with... she didnĀ“t like me apparently :/

• 26 and still waiting

• i am starting right now. 24.

• I'm still waiting/looking I'm 22

• in...20ssss

• 18 perhaps. Not much to see being single.

• 21 & still haven't done it (∩_∩)

• this year..

• I still haven't :(

• At 17... But now 19 and single...

• I thought I met her but I was wrong. :(

What Girls Said 39

• I met him when I was 5 or 6, but obviously at that time, I had no idea he would eventually be my person. It took me moving across the country and him working overseas before we even re-connected as adults instead of just childhood acquaintances.

I mean... his older sister used to babysit me... I ended up babysitting for her when I was older... we went to the same schools and even the same college without ever really being friends as kids.

Fastforward to adulthood, we reconnected... slowly became best friends for a good 8 years before officially dating... dated for 2 years before we got engaged... and now getting married next August.

Most people jump into "settled life" when they are early 20's, as if it's some sort of mandated checklist in order to have a fulfilling life.

To be honest, I didn't even kiss a guy until I was 25... and didn't have sex until I was 26! I used to worry I was going to die alone, and ended up in a lot of terrible relationships because I thought that dating and marriage were the things I was supposed to be doing.

I took a year off from all dating when I was 31... and after that year is when I started dating my now fiance. I'm 34 and feel like your 30's is a good age to start thinking about those things, because you have a better sense of who you are and what you want.. and the men are a bit more mature lol.

We prob won't have kids anytime soon though; we are having two much fun with just us and all the traveling and adventures out there.

• I met my significant other a month after I graduated from high school (age 18, barely). We met online, from okcupid. He was the first and only person I messaged (technically I was an initiator! lol). He immediately responded and we went through a flurry of messages, texting whenever possible (which was every waking hour outside of work). We barely slept because all we wanted to do was talk.

He called me (he was really shy and cute about it) and then we talked on the phone for at least 8 hours a day (more like 10 most of the times). He first told me loved me after a week of talking nonstop. We were long distance-ish, 3 hours away. I drove up when my parents were out of town (rebel) to meet him. 2 months later I was going up there for school (already prearranged - I was looking for someone at that location because that's where my college was), and I moved in with him rather than going to my dorm. I haven't regretted it, not for a second.

Most people find it weird that we loved each other so quickly, but we have such an intense connection. It really feels like he's my other half, my soul mate, and I've never believed in such things until him. There isn't anyone else I'd rather be with.

And now almost 3 years later, we're engaged, just waiting on funds. We don't want anything fancy, just something small to show our love. We're renting our first apartment together soon, we've been living with his parents while going through school to save money (still buying everything ourselves, but saving on rent which is always nice).

I know he's my forever person, even though I'm pretty young.
    I'm a firm believer that when you know, you know.
    We're willing to compromise and bend around each other, as long as we have each other we have everything we need. We already know how to handle finances, and we've been sharing our money completely since the very very beginning, so I know that nothing will break us up.

There is no one better fitted for me than he is, so although I'm young, I just know.
    It's always frustrating when my parents or my sisters get on my case about it... but it's just like how some people are so stuck in their faith, and they just know that there's a god... I just know that he's it for me. It's in my gut.

• Technically met him when I was 17/18 or so. Only started dating a few years down the line, when I was 21.

I'm not really sure where he stands on all of those things, he's kind of hot and cold in terms of all of them basically. But he's the first person I was with when I started to really think that a lot of his traits would be great to have in a partner when I'm ready to get married, have kids, and put a mortgage down on my own house.

• I met that person when I was 4, we became the bestest friends and I developed feelings for him and at 16 we became engaged, we had a talk about dating but he's a little trust issues and in our culture dating is seen as evil, so it's been 4 years we've been living together. It's amazing 😍😘😂😉💛💙💜💚💗💖💞💘

• I was 14 when we met.

Neither of us want children though so I can't answer the rest of the question.

• Actually I met him when I was five, he was a mature six! We became best friends, at 15/16 I knew I couldn't live without him. Nor did I want to share him with another who wouldn't understand our deep friendship. He felt the same exact way. We knew we would be married sooner or later, we decided sooner. We got married last July before heading off to college. (18 / 19) So glad we did!

• I was 17 when I met him. And I am still with him to this day (:

• When I was 17 years old, believe it or not. Even met this man of my dreams through Tinder. All of it is just ridiculous, but we fell in love and we have a very healthy and strong relationship that continues to grow with time. We both know that we're young, and we want to grow and live our lives together, to be there for each other for the rest of our lives pretty much. I really truly have found true love with this person. My soon to be fiancee. It's crazy haha, love.

• I started dating him when I was 14. I acknowledge we may not stay together but we want to get married and have a family someday. I mean it's been 3 years so far.

• Hasn't happened yet, and I doubt it will. Marriage and kids aren't goals in my life.

• I don't know if I've even met that person yet, but I think I may have

• i was 17 when i met my boyfriend. almost 4 years later i'm still with him and plan on spending my life with him

• First met him at 15, started dating at 21.

• I met him at 23.

House? Yes
    Marriage? No
    Children? No
    Rest of our lives together? Yes

• At 16 y. o ; my actual boyfriend ^^ I don't know but i love him so much and i want to marry him :) im still young i know but im old enough to know that i really want it lol

• Im currently in a relationship of one year and it has its ups and downs. It may last forever, it may not.. I dunno🙂

• Still looking.. but I would keep you posted

• 22.

House - not yet
    Marriage - maybe on the cards in the distance future like 20 years from now lmao
    children - if it happens..

• I met him when I was 16, hooked up and sort of dated when we were 19/20 and then got back together at age 22 and married at 23. We have three kids and our marriage lasted 11 years.

• This year, at 21 years old, I met the man I want to spend the rest of my life with.
    Neither of us want kids though, but we're already planning on buying a house in the future, and I've definitely thought about marrying him.

• Still waiting

• When i was 15. But i fucked up. We were so perfect together.

• Not yet but I'll be getting back into the dating world soon.

• 19 :) he's the love of my life.

• Second semester of Freshman year in high school but I didn't know it until senior year. Too bad I was wrong and he wasn't the one.

• I don't even know

• A month ago. Age 22

• 29 but might have to start over

• I met my boyfriend when I was 14, going on 15.

• 19 years old.

• More from Girls
    9