Is our age gap too big?

Im 20 and he's 29.

• Too big of a difference
  • Perfect
  • Not too big of a difference
  • Im too stupid to answer

Most Helpful Guy

• Not that big of a problem. As long as the personality is what brought you together it should be fine.
    The only real problem with a long term relationship with a huge age gap is that one day the older person will get old and unattractive before the young one does. Once the physical attraction goes away it's gonna get harder to stay together.

Most Helpful Girl

• You guys may have different interests, but if he treats you like a Queen , and you guys truly love eachother, then age don't matter, it's nothing but a number

What Guys Said 8

• if it odd... but it is acceptable...
    age difference of 5 years = totally ok
    age difference 5-10 years = acceptable
    age difference more than 10 years = i dont think so... but maybe sometimes it can work too...

• It depends on current age too, if a 90 year old man would be with a 75 year old woman no one would be bother with it
      However a 18 year old with a 12 year old :P

• not to big of a difference in my opinion

• Not at all 😊

• Yes. The reason I say this is because your still a child mentally and in terms of wisdom. Life experiences is what makes the difference massive. My girlfriend is quite young and I can already envision future problems.

• At 20 years old? Your brain is fully developed and you're no longer a child anymore mentally. When you're 19, like yourself? Your brain isn't quite there yet.

• nope, it's fine

• The difference is big as of now, but it wouldn't seem such great a difference after 10 years or so.

• i'm actually hoping for something like that... .

• My brother is 31 and my closets cousin in age is 21. If I imagine a guy like my brother dating a girl like my cousin I'd think it was the worst idea ever. They're both great people don't get me wrong. But my cousins still nervous about alcohol and my brothers had enough time to not only go to clubs but DJ at clubs and get tired of them. The guys driven 18 wheelers cross country, managed a liquor store, been a nurse, and works at a bank. She's... um... passed her finals? I don't wanna knock the girl, she's bright, but compared to him she's seen and done little to nothing. I know using my brother and cousins as gauges isn't really s good predictor but my point is She's 21 and he's 31. 1 year more of an age difference than what your suggesting. But that's still nearly a decade that he's lived in the adult world while she's still pretty fresh out of high school. That's like half her entire life.

• With me its i who has been through more tough times i think. I have had a very hard/crazy life.

• It's about more than just the craziness though. It's just the amount of time to accumulate life experience and lessons. You don't have to go through a lot to grow but with an age gap that large there's a ton of time that I can't imagine resulting in anything but a distinctly different mentally about life. 50 and 60 are kinda close because 10 years isn't as much of thier life percentage wise. But 20 and 30 or 20 and 29 in your case is substantial difference

What Girls Said 11

• I personally don't think so, however it depends on how your personalities click and if you two are both mature. I've dated a year age gap, to about 12 year age gap.

• I actually think that's fine - main thing is that what you're doing is legal and if you like him and he likes you, you should just do whatever tf you want and not even care about what others think

• Not too big lol As long as your legal

• I dont find anything wrong with it. You guys seem within the age group

• Nope. It's not

9 is my fav number by the way :)

• Not too big. It's perfect.

• To me it sounds like too much.

• Not too big at all :) there's 8 years between me and my SO.

• Nope, seems fine

• My grandmas 16 years older than my grandfather. Been together 29 years

• It would be for me personally. But my Dad was 18 years older than my Mum and they were very much in love, it depends on the couple

• Wow thats a huge age gap

• My dad was born in '47 too!

• Lol *high five* for our Dads' birth year! :')