Would you date a guy shorter than you?

I met this guy, he is good looking but he is shorter than me, I am like 5.7 ft and he is like 5 ft xD
I know it's way too short but still I like him. Would you date a guy shorter than you?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• If you like him go for it. You don't need to have the same standards as other girls.

• Oh, I was voting no for, "I would not date a guy shorter than me." Of course, I wouldn't date a guy, soooo... >.>

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, though it would depend on how much shorter - if it's shorter to the point where I would have to bow down each time I wanted to kiss him then I probably couldn't - that just screams back pain to me..

What Guys Said 10

• If he's fine and you're fine, just that the people around you is not fine. Just go for it... but you sure do know what can happen afterwards. (like getting teased.. etc etc

• Hey don't worry about it. If you like him, be with him. :) If you don't mind it, then it doesn't matter what other people think. Haha good luck.

• First off you need to get over yourself and how you look over what could be a potentially good relationship. You are so worried about how other people precieve you by how tall your interest is.
    Forget your humanistic need to be accepted by others. That can be a hard thing to do.
    I too used to go buy society's list of norms and or expectations, but was left always wondering why I couldn't find someone.
    You saying is he too short for me is no different if I was to say should I like this girl she has a slight mustache.
    And yes, the girl I am currently let wonder WTF about indeed have a slight mustache and small boobs. The point I am getting at is we were very similar in personalities, enjoyed eachothers company and while it lasted we had fun together.
    I regret nothing about being with this girl mustache and small boobs included.
    If you think this guy is attractive, enjoy his company, and foremost have feelings for this guy your priorities are bss aackwards.
    I say give it a go he may treat you better than any man/boy ever will in your life but if how tall he is is more important than your happiness let his height decide for you and not your heart.

• Well I know.. I actually lied about his height too he is 4.9ft..
      He is a nice guy I actually shouldn't go with height but it's not about society norms, it's just that I date guys who are taller than me. If he was one or two ft short I wouldn't mind. But it's just way too short.

• Well.. height has always been a thing for me. I've been considered tall in my class and people would usually compliment me over my height when I was a kid. But I still get your point.

• Good, that is the firt step now do some serious soul searching and figure out what is really important to you. :-)

• I love how women wouldn't date a shorter man but then they bitch and complain about men wanting skinny and curvy women.

• It's not just women, men don't like dating taller girls too.

• is he from guatemala

• ur under 18, he'll probably grow

• I can date a girl taller than me if we live each other

• If I were attracted to men, yes.

• If you're attracted to him and want to date him, then date him. It's fine for people to have height preferences but don't feel that you shouldn't date a shorter guy just because others wouldn't.

• Who says he's too short? You or members of society?

What Girls Said 6

• Personally I'm pretty fricken short and if I find someone shorter than me then woah! (your guy is apparently). I mean it wouldn't totally turn me off however I'm weird and always think about how I want my children to be taller than me if I had boys haha.

• ummmm I do not think I could, because I am just too tiny, and I feel like it would be very strange that he is shorter than me lol. :)

• yup! within reason

• No more than 2 inches shorter than me.

• No only because I'm 4'11.

• yes i have and would do it again