MY CRUSH LOVES SOMEONE ELSE?

So he finally found out that I like him but he didn't make fun of me. He acted like a gentlemen even tough in real life he is a jerk. He was very kind. He told me that I should let him be happy...
I already knew that he liked someone else but it still hurts.. Now we probably never going to talk again or he is going to avoid me.. Its going to be awkward.. I dunno what to do.. Please help..

Most Helpful Guy

• What do you mean he "found out" that you like him?

Anyway, here is the reality of things:

1. Starting your thoughts with "now we will probably never..." Demonsrates a logical fallacy called The Slippery Slope, and it puts you on a mandatory, non-refundable oneway ticket to Stress-ville; home of Anxiety mountain, Overthinking forest, and the Needless Worrying river.

Avoid ALL logical fallacies for optimum performance.

2. Rejection does not mean failure. It is simply a step in life. If, however, you take that step looking down or behind you, you end up losing sight of your goals. "Failure" is the ominous force looming over you, and it has more to do with your attitude toward the circumstances than the circumstances themselves. Learning how to find success in places where only failure was thought to exist will shift your perspective. For example, it would be a succes for a shy person to ask out their crush even if they got rejected because they faced their fear - and that is worth celebrating.

3. Awkwardness is hardly something to fret about. Especially considering the fact that awkwardness can only exist if someone creates it. I guarantee your crush is not the one creating it.

You have the sensation of awkwardness because it was you who made yourself vulnerable, you put it all on the line and the power was put in his hands. His rejection is interpereted as a huge strike to your ego. In response, your brain wants to redeem itself. Awkwardness is the sensation you feel while your brain figures out how to fill the imaginary gap between "normal" and your deflated ego. Learn to forgive yourself, and forget it; move on.

You can choose to ignore all of this and continue on in a cyclical pattern, or you can decide to take control of your attitude.

After all, you can't change what life throws at you, but you can change how you receive it.

No, it is not that easy. But that is the reality of things. No one can help you if you are not willing to help yourself.

Rejection and failure are things that you should encounter daily. If you aren't then you aren't challenging yourself enough. Don't let life fool you into thinking you are a passenger on it's ride. Reality is about as interactive as it gets.

• I just read the other comments. They are saying let time do it's thing... Yes, time heals all wounds, but that is letting life take you on a ride. Times of pain and sorrow, failure and rejection, are often the greatest opportunities for self-improvement.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sorry girl :/ They don't call them 'CRUSHes' for no reason. It stings now but you just have to be patient and kind with yourself while you sit back and let time do it's thing. The sadness will fade away and your heart will heal. Just know that crushes come and go. The odds are that you will find someone who exceeds whatever this momentary crush presented by far.

What Guys Said 1

• I know I can understand this situation, it's sad really. I wish I could give some comfort.

What Girls Said 3

• Don't worry about it. You'll move on and find another guy soon enough :)

• You will move on, no worries.👍

• i have the same problem.. and for you moving on right now would hurt.. especially if you see him every single day. I've moved on and its just great and im feeling better and better each day forgetting him and moving on. You should try it too.