When my girlfriend said "it's ok" for me to cancel our date on Saturday did she actually mean it or is this girl code for "NO, don't cancel"?

So i need some help as to what my girlfriend actually meant. Ok so this Saturday i was suppose to take her out to dinner but my friends are getting together and just going to chill on Saturday. Now i told my girlfriend i wanted to chill with my friends then she said "well you only see me 2 times a week though", then i told her how about next week then she was like "it's ok, fine then". So is that actually a NO or a yes? What does this really mean lol?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeeeah... so basically she's not as important to you as your friends. Cool story, bro.

Lol

It doesn't matter if it was a yes or a no (it was a no) because if you change your mind and say you'll see her then she'll know it was a pity toss on your part and then she REALLY won't want to see you.

So you done fucked up but can't go back now :p

So before her yes was a no and now her no is a yes and a screw you. :p

She originally wanted you to hang out with her. But you made the choice to hang out with your friends and so she said it was okay but it wasn't but now if you backtrack and hang out with her instead you're just going to piss her off even more.

For future reference: NEVER CANCEL PLANS WITH YOUR GIRLFRIEND UNLESS YOU'RE LITERALLY DYING. :P

• oh crap :( i didn't know, i been dating her for less than a month and she is my first girlfriend. Ok but was if i tell her that "actually i can still take you out on Saturday!"... can i do that? My friends will understand if i cancel with them. They're easy going

• Okay, I think you're being a little harsh on him. Cut him some slack, this is his first girlfriend.

• Being honest.

Most Helpful Guy

• Ok, yeah she's pissed... and worse now she ain't gonna want to go out with you now cause you already screwed the pooch. So here's how you deal with it. Cancel with your friends ASAP and unless you break up with her do not go out with your friends for any reason Saturday night cause you will never live it down.

Then go back to her and say you changed your mind and already cancelled with your friends. Never ever admit that you got advice from outside cause she'll feel better faster if she thinks you just found it in your heart to change all on your own. Lastly, she's likely to resist going out Saturday with you just bear with it, she'll get over it. The worst thing you can do is let her convince you that it really is ok to go with your friends cause it's a test. Even showing the slightest interest in that idea dooms you to failure.

• yes i will cancel my plans with my friends right away. i'm going to tell her today i will take her out and not go with my friends. I only been dating her for a month and she is my first girlfriend so i'am still learning. i won't do it again.

• So here's how you do this. You tell her something along the lines of "you know it was really great of you to suggest it was ok for me to go out with my friends, however after I thought about it I decided i'd rather spend that time with you so I cancelled my plans with my friends, sorry for the last minute change but let's do XXXXXX instead" then you'll sound like you never realized she was upset and decided you'd rather spend time with her without any pressure... once you get past the first few months of dating and settle into a routine then you can start re-adjusting things that suits spending more time with your friends, but for the first bit she's gonna want your attention.

What Girls Said 18

• She's pissed. You made plans with her, and you shouldn't put your friends before her. You definitely shouldn't cancel your date to just hang with friends. That's really insensitive and you'll push her away.

• i'm going to tell her today i will take her out and not go with my friends. I only been dating her for a month and she is my first girlfriend so i'am still learning. i won't do it again.

• The word of the day was "fine." In context, it can mean it really is ok, but paired with "then" it's a land mine.

• i will tell her i will go out with her and not my friends. i been dating hwer for only 1 month and my first girlfriend so im learning aha

• She's offended that you made your friends a priority over her, especially since your friends don't have anything special planned. She probably was looking forward to the dinner and feels disappointed. There's nothing you can do about Saturday because she won't want to go now that she knows you don't want to. The only thing you can do is make her more of a priority in the future.

• i been dating her for less than a month and she is my first girlfriend. Ok but was if i tell her that "actually i can still take you out on Saturday!"... can i do that? If i cancel with my friends it will be ok with them. I think i will still go out with her

• Whatever happens, it shouldn't be a big deal that it happened once - just try not to repeat the mistake. Good luck!

• i won't and thanks

• ahhahh 'that's fine' or 'that's okay' are more often than not girl-code for 'okay, do as you please but you're going to regret it'.
    :P

• :o oh Well i think i know what the correct answer is lol

• lol okay, best of luck. :p

• thank you :)

• Here's what she really meant, "wtf dude? I don't see you all that often and I really wanna hang out with you. You better not pick your friends over me, oh heLL nAh"- and that is the translation.
    We are strange, complicated creatures 😂

• Lol, i'm going to tell her today i will take her out and not go with my friends. I only been dating her for a month and she is my first girlfriend so i'am still learning. i won't do it again.

• haha don't worry about it, it's not your fault that you don't speak girl! We are the strangest people you will ever meet, so it's fine lol.

• I think u let her down! She was hoping u would go with her instead of your friends.

• I will cancel with my friends and take my girlfriend out

• Duh... lucky sucker u have someone to be with... and u don't take caare of it

• It's a no.

• i been dating her for less than a month and she is my first girlfriend. Ok but was if i tell her that "actually i can still take you out on Saturday!"... can i do that? If i cancel with my friends it will be ok with them.

• Yes, that'll be just fine

• It means no dude. She sounds pissed 😐

• oh crap :( i get it now lol, damn it, is it too late to tell her i will take her out? My friends will understand if i cancel with them. They're easy going.

• No problem man, you'll get the hang of it soonish ☺️

• Thaaaaat sounds tense to me. :o ABORT MISSION CHILL. NOW.

• O_O I get she meant it was a no now :( is it too late to tell her i will take her out? My friends will understand if i cancel with them. They're easy going.

• Good luck! :)

• thanks haha

• It means she will screw you over next week. That's girl talk for you are in big big trouble. Watch your back.

• i get it now :/ i told her i will take her out tomorrow and she was happy again :) i'll try to understand girl language better next time lol

• Good luck

• It means she now thinks that your friends are more important than her. (And it sounds like she's right.) She's probably pretty pissed now. I would be.

• damn it :( i been dating her for less than a month and she is my first girlfriend. Ok but was if i tell her that "actually i can still take you out on Saturday!"... can i do that? If i cancel with my friends it will be ok with them.

• very true, i will do that. Thank you :)

• No problem, and good luck mate.

• THAT IS A NO, IT IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF FINE!!! okay so clue 1) she tried to convince u to see her casually hence the "well you only see me two times a week though" clue 2) fine then: fine can b okay by itself but add a "then" to it and it definitely means she's upset (at least that's my opinion). Also try to avoid saying that ur ditching a date to "chill".

• Also I'm not a genius but to fix it I reccommend telling her that you made a mistake and u suddenly realized that u cldnt stand to lose time with her/go so long w/o seeing her or something like that. Most girls eat that mushy stuff up

• yup, i'm going to tell her today i will take her out and not go with my friends. I only been dating her for a month and she is my first girlfriend so i'am still learning.

• Thats something I would say if i didn't want to sound like the bitch girlfriend but I want my boyfriend to still pick me over the friends. Don't cancel your date, she's testing you lol

• i get the "test" now lol. i can cancel with my friends no prob. So if i tell her to bring her on the date on Saturday then she will be ok correct?

• Ok i will do that :) thank you

• You're welcome! :)

• She is not happy that you are cancelling the date, of course, but she is willing to do it anyway since she wants you to be happy. she is like ok, if that makes you happy, go ahead, I will wait.

• She will definitely feel better if you take her out. tell her that you cancelled going out with your friends, and want to go out with her.

• yup i will, thanks :)

• DO NOT CANCCEL YOUR PLAN WITH YOUR FRIENDS.

It sounds like you canceled the plan not because I want to spend time with her but you found her pissed off.

She was just sad that you chose your friends over her

You should do something to make her happy after

But just don't cancel don't don't don't
    If I were her, I would hate being treated like that

• Alright then! Do what you think is right

• Oh my man.. She means no don't actually hang out with your friends. She's probably hurt and upset that you guys rarely see eachother and you cancel your plans to hang out with your friends.

• i realised my mistake :( i'm going to tell her today i will take her out and not go with my friends. I only been dating her for a month and she is my first girlfriend so i'am still learning.

• Lol don't stress over it, women are hard to read, and usually when they say one thing they mean the opposite (but there are occasions where my point is invalid) anyways goodluck!

• i told her i will cancel with my friends tomorrow and take her out. She was happy again so i'am happy :)

• I highly doubt she's ok with that. "It's ok" almost always isn't ok. take her out to dinner! you can chill with your buddies any time, but since you only see her twice a week, take advantage of the time you have together. DON'T take her for granted! :)

• That's definitely a no

What Guys Said 6

• I will direct you to @justbanannaz latest mytakes about what women say but actually mean.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a23575-what-girls-say-vs-what-they-mean

• Yea she mad.

If she's unsatisfied with the amount of time you're spending with her then she's not happy that it's less this week.

• That's an abstract question, it cannot be answered with a definitive answer, we'd need to know what she think's.

If I had a girlfriend, I'd trust her.

• A poor decision, really.

lol

• @Prettygurl12

Well I didn't read that part.

I will do what I do, but what I do will be built to accommodate whom I love.

• I commented based off the title, excuse me for not reading the full description.

• Call her and ask that she speaks with literal wording, if it's really okay or not. To me, it sounds like it's not ok if you told her about your friends.

• take her on the date

• Don't cancel.