Am I still allowed to see someone else?

I've been seeing this guy for a little over 3 weeks now. We're kind of like a couple but not yet in a relationship. He said that we're going to that direction. Both had made it clear that we dont like it when either of us is close as in liking another guy/girl.

am i still allowed to see other people or no? Cause we're not in a relationship but kind of feels like we are.

• Both are allowed to see other people
  • Not allowed to see other people
  • See results

Most Helpful Guy

• Here's the thing... technically, yes u can see other ppl!

BUT... if you do, and he doesn't like that, you can lose him entirely.

----

#TheChoiceIsYours #TreadLightly

Most Helpful Girl

• ... Both had made it clear that we don't like it when either of us is close as in liking another guy/girl.
    With no more writing on my own wall and all here, dear, it even looks like Now... You both are headed to Exclusive and Official.
    Unless you set him straight as soon as possible, that you are Interested in more looking and lurking, this is Telling me and it should beTelling you in the back of your own mind, He is serious and has potential partnership on his Own... Mind.
    Good luck. xx

• "On progress" is showing me that with this, he is nursing and nurturing this slowly but it is going along nicely as he has planned and wants you to be with him in this because it is so smooth so far. xx

• I would probably do that again but not in anytime soon. No, i don't want to see other people I was just wondering if it's considered cheating or not since we're not yet official.

Thank you so much paris for answers this! Xxx

• Thank you so much, sweetie, for your own Vote of Confidence, and I'm Quite Confident everything will be done where the more you are both nursing and nurturing this, the more it will Feel even More right.:)) xxoo

What Guys Said 5

• It doesn't matter what you call it; in fact, deciding to call your relationship "official" or "dating" could be confusing, because those names may mean different things for the two of you. What you do need is to have a conversation where you talk about expectations and what you want from each other.

• We talked about it and his answer was "on progress", and I don't know what he meant by that

• I don't know i feel its too soon to ask him that, i dont want to scare him off. I know we only have been seeing each other for 3 weeks but we see each other everyday, which makes this very confusing for me.

Sorry for the downvote didn't mean that

• If you have feelings for him, then don't ask him but don't talk to other guys. What is that going to accomplish except screwing up what you already have?

• If you feel like you are in a relationship , why would you be considering someone else. It sounds as if you do but don't... What?

• I was just wondering cause its like i can but can't. I dont want to, i just want to know.

• If it feels like it would be wrong then it is. Only you know what and how you feel

• If both of you had made it clear you don't like it if one of you likes someone else, maybe you shouldn't see other people.

Or: if he was to nail some chick, rinse his balls off in the sink and then come pick you up for a dinner date, would you be cool with it? Because that's what 'allowed to see other people' potentially entails.

• I think "Allowed" is the wrong word for it.

You can do whatever you want, but if you feel that you could be a couple, I would wonder why you would want to see other people, and he has expressed that he wouldn't like that. That being said, if he's not willing to commit to you fully, then it's his own fault if you find someone who is.

• I dont want to see other people, i was just wondering.

• Why would you wonder unless it's something you were thinking of doing?

As long as everyone is in agreeance then any type of relationship dynamic is okay. People often date multiple partners before they are committed, while other people are in committed open relationships, so it's what you and your partner are comfortable with.

• If things are going well I'd question why you'd want to date other people. You're allowed to but it's a terrible idea. There's no upside if he's a catch and the downsides include making him think you weren't serious/making him lose interest, developing feelings for two different people and heightened std risks for everyone involved.

• And I know that you might say that you wouldn't sleep with either of them but these things happen sometimes without planning.

What Girls Said 5

• I think this depends on communication, if you've voiced that you guys want to be monogamous even if you're not dating but "heading that direction", I know I wouldn't appreciate the guy I thought I was into was seeing other people even if we didn't put a title on it, it's still deceitful if you invest your time into someone and thinking that you will be monogamous. However it does differ for some people, some people don't feel entitled to be one person's "one and only" in the moment and want to play the field, but this can easily be misunderstood and lack of communication.

• You are allowed since it's cheating but it's a bad idea if you ever want to be in a relationship with the guy. The second you try to flirt with someone else. Even if he doesn't have any saying on if you can or can not do that. It's going to hurt him and probably kill any chances you had with him.

I would ask him if the thinks it's find if y'all did that. If he doesn't reply and you catch him with someone else. Tell him you saw that and say you take it as it's fine for now.

• not anymore girly..

• Not allowed to see other people

• If you're in some kind of committed relationship, even if you're not official, you should be investing your time in them, not someone else.