Is it reasonable for me to tell this girl that I'm not ready for anything more than friends?

A girl from school called me the other day out of the blue and asked if I wanted to go to the movies with her. She was talking to me in a sweet way and I played along a little bit which I probably shouln't have done. Now she is calling going to the movies a date, so I texted her and said that I wasn't ready for anything mroe than friends becasue we don't know each other that well. I said that I didn't know if I liked her and that I couldn't make any promises as to where things would go with us. Do you think that is resonable for me to say?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you handled it well :) her feelings might be hurt but it's better to be honest.

• @Lindseytay Thank you :). I'm just worried that I sort of led her on by playing along in the beginning.

• Yeah maybe but at least you didn't carry it on longer

• @Lindseytay Ugh I just feel so bad. She just called out of the blue and I wasn't thinking

Most Helpful Guy

• That is reasonable.

• @Attractive_Guy Thank you, I'm just worried that I led her on at first by going along with her sweetness

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• If that is the way you feel then no, you are not out of line. She may be a little hurt but it was the right thing to do. She would have been a lot more hurt if it drug on out.

• @Hezigrimm Thank you, I guess the important thing is that I did the right thing and told her that I couldn't make any promises as to where things would go with us. It's only been like 3 days since she called me anyway

• Yes it is.