Is this creepy?

There's a cute guy in my gym classes that I want to try to get to know. Problem is, we're both shy and have never spoken to each other. We are both friends with the instructor. We have not made very much eye contact, only once or twice. I know more people in the class, am really good friends with a lot of them. He doesn't really talk to anyone but the instructor (who has a bf). We know of each other.

I am thinking about sending him a fb friend request, since we have 2 mutual gym friends. But because we have never talked to each other, I don't know if that is creepy or not. I don't want to creep him out. I have done it with some of my other gym friends, and now we're really good friends. Would he find it weird?

What Guys Said 1

• Not that creepy. Try getting your instructor friend to introduce the two of you.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think it's weird because he might just think that you want to get to know him better. Plus, you guys already share two mutual gym friends. I would do it. He might not even think it's a big deal because it's not like you're asking him out. It's just a friend request.