Could my guy friend possibly be interested in me?

I've known this guy for years. We went to highschool together, and then I moved away to go to uni and he stayed behind in our old town. We've never been extremely close friends, but we always make an effort to stay in touch even though we live a large distance apart. H

He always makes a big effort to catch up when I am in town. He is normally always the one to initiate the catch ups. In a few months I am moving back to our old town, however he is moving a few hours away for a new job. We were texting the other day, our conversation went like this:

Me: Congratulations on the new job!
Him: Thank you so much! By the way, let me know when you are home so we can meet up!
Me: Sounds good. So your new job will mean you have to move a few hours away?
Him: Yes, but I will still be in (name of old town where I am moving to) all the time!

Is it possible he could have feelings for me? I know he's really shy when it comes to girls, but he's a very friendly person to everyone in general.

Most Helpful Guy

• I imagine he was trying to downplay your assessment of it being a big change.

Most Helpful Girl

• Doesn't seem like a strange response to me.

What Guys Said 4

• It doesen't seem strange to me at all. That could have been my rply too.
    You are apt to ask why at this point.

• I don't see anything that could mean that he likes you. It just seems like he's the friendly type

• hey its a long term relation which i have observed but text are short to describe them.. but

he tends to live in its own town.. but tends to meet & catch up.. spend time with you..
    for me you have future with him

• I think I replied the same question before

What Girls Said 1

• No. He just sounds friendly. There's no flirting there or suggestive words.