Guys, Does body shape really matter?

I'm asking because in the past I've been rejected because of being the fat girl. This led to my weightloss yes but I'm curious why would you reject someone just because of their body and why does that factor matter so much?

25

Most Helpful Guy

• Here's the thing. Guys are a lot different than girls! When it comes to how you are attracted to someone guys and girls look at different things. Girls might look more at a guys personality rather than his outward appearance. Not to say they disregard appearance completely but it's not as important as personality.

For us dudes, a guy won't even consider a romantic relationship if he is not attracted to her. Physical attraction is very important! You could be the nicest, kindest, sweetest, person on the planet but if a guy does not find you attractive your chances of getting out of the friend zone are slim to none.

Here's the good news, each guy is attracted to different girls and different apperences! What one guy might say is the most beautiful and gorgeous girl, another might say is not that attractive at all... So as far as weight and body shape, it's the same thing! Each guy is attracted to something different!

I personally am attracted to girls who have a bit of fat on them. I wouldn't want to date a stick. Where as some guy might not want an inch of fat

Hope this helps answer your question :)

What Guys Said 24

• You have to understand how a man's brain works. Men are very visual; we are aroused visually. Fat is not attractive to a lot of men, not all. Men cannot fake an erection; thus, they reject females who are visually unappealing.

• I know a guy who openly says he likes thick girls. I don't. I don't like super models either. I tend to attract be attracted to small/medium breasted slim pear shaped girls with big booties. I believe beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it is bone deep (literally). I think the important thing to realize is that one needs to take care of what they got and accept it. I'll give an example, myself. In high school there were two girls on a bus talking to each other. The girl I found pretty was attracted to me. Her friend who I found unattractive thought I was ugly too (she said I was ugly). I've had 9's come up to me openly showing interest and they could have any guy they wanted (I saw the guys the pull). I've had 7-8s that went after me but were troubled and wanted someone with a more muscular body type (I asked why and observed their behavior). I'm an ectomorph. I'm fit but no way am I built. I just wish that they would pursue what they want instead of playing me. I've had girls treat me like I was the ugliest creature on earth.

I really think the important thing is how you feel about yourself.

• For most men, physical attraction is very much a REQUIREMENT, if we done have the hots for u initially nothing is going to happen.

Im attracted to chubby girls, as long as she isn't too sloppy.

• Depends on how fat really. I am not skinny myself mind you. what I mean by that is does someone look unhealthy? You can be over weight and still be active and look great. You can also look like a slob, not take care of yourself and the such. Depending on how fat it can be limiting sexually as well. People are turned off by fat not because society tells us but at our sore we are attracted to good breeding stock, healthy.

• Sure body-shape matters, when it comes to how well you fit together. We are all shapes and sizes for a reason, we are like puzzle pieces.

When you hold one another it should feel right... almost perfect!

• It does matter a bit, because after all every person will have their preference in regards of looks
    But personality gets us farther a great deal

• most of the guys want nice & sexy girls. so will have no choice. it depends on the person. Mostly body shape matter to us.

• Do you date or generally prefer to date really fat guys over the toned lean ones? Probably not, right? Same deal.

It's just sexier & more fun to date someone who can keep up with you physically in anyway. They also look more appealing.

• I'd rather date the cubbies guys because they aren't as picky as the lean ones xD

• Lol I'm no supermodel so why would I want a supermodel bf? And again and pick the chubby one

• Who said a supermodel? I said they are equals in all senses except one isn't in healthy shape, neither are supermodels, just normal guys.

If you say you'd still pick the overweight one, fair enough, but I doubt that in reality that's actually what you would do if you were honest with yourself.

• Sure, I like em curvy not round.

• I wouldn't. Yes attraction is important but there are many types of attraction.

• Because most guys aren't attracted to overweight girls.

• It's not the being fat thing it's just that I won't date someone I'm not attracted to even if she is hot I wouldn't do it because it's a waste of both of your time

• It does to an extent. If we can't get along together then her body type won't matter.

• Cause I want to be with someone I find attractive

• body shape Shows a healthy person. I'm very picky with girls but that's ok, it mostly more of a mental pickness then anything else.

• It varies from person to person. It's just a matter of taste, some people like skinny girls, some thick girls etc.

• Doesn't matter if it is the right girl for me.

• No, it doesn't. It doesn't.

• cause if I don't get hard how r we goin to hav sexytime then?

• Yes and know. Does it matter in terms of physical attractiveness yes. Is it something that I care a lot about when choosing who I date? Definetly not. Lots of body types are attractive. If they weren't they probably wouldn't exist.

• A fat gut is so ugly

• Yes.

Overall body shape is the key factor in me generally finding a woman sexually attractive or not. I do not -need- to think someone is fantastically pretty to fall for them and have a satisfying relationship. But I do need to want them sexually. They don't need to be anywhere near perfect, but yeah, it matters a lot. I'd hazard a guess that being very overweight buries the indicators of female desirability.

• It only matters to me if they feel like getting out and doing stuff instead of being an influence to stay home. I've been attracted to a couple rare "fat girls" who were cool people and still attractive. But I guess unless they're actually obese it doesn't matter to me personally much. Thinner is more attractive I have to admit but it's not a deal maker/breaker to me. I'm not really attracted to girls big enough to be obese... I guess I'm naturally thinner and don't work at anything except I don't eat myself sick on candy or eat shitty fast food... Or drink soda sugar drinks. When it comes to morbidly obese people I just wonder what sort of priorities they have or if it's something medical forced on them. I've known people who genuinely loved doing nothing eating whole tube of ice cream watching disney channel. A few... and yet they claim it's a medical problem. I guess being stupidly lazy is far more unattractive than just being fat. Goes for the dumb lazy anorexic girl too.

• Men are initially driven by looks and the media only exploits that.

Fat girls get laid too. One life experience where it happens a lot is college. A lot of drunk guys will have their first sexual experience with the cute fat chick at the party from my past observations.