Atheist woman dating christan guy?

I'm an atheist but I'm in love with a Christian man, can it work? I mean I don't judge christans for being christans.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a Christian and I fell in love with an atheist man. I didn't have a problem at all with him being atheist, I completely accepted it but he didn't like the fact I was Christian at all.

Any time it would come up in conversation he would tell me how sad he thinks I am because of my beliefs. He didn't want to get married in a church because he was so against this religion and a church is the only place I plan on marrying.

I'm not saying these differences were the cause of us to break up, but it was an area in our relationship that caused a lot of conflict. But as long as these things don't bother him or you then I don't see how it couldn't work :) Good luck!

What Guys Said 2

• The question is would you have a problem with your children being taught christianity by your husband or being baptized.

• My high school science teacher was an atheist who was happily married to a catholic lawyer, they still are together

What Girls Said 8

• There's no problem as long as you guys can respect each others beliefs and come up with agreements if you guys have kids. There's nothing that stops atheists and Christians not being able to date. It's how you guys come off about it and approach each others beliefs that changes it.

• The question is will he want to date you? While you may not judge him for being Christian he might very have a problem with you not sharing his beliefs.

• sure it can.. if you both stay away from religious topics..

• It can work, as long as they're not zealous about it.

Also he may want to baptize your children, or he may try to convert you. Just make clear what you want.

• depends how christian he is

• I'm Christian and I don't hate athiests but I don't think I would ever date one. Morally our opinions would clash and cause extra unnecessary problems in the relationship. Just my opinion and how I was raised and my experience with things so far

• I don't think it will because according to scripture

• As long as he isn't judgmental and loves you for you I don't see why not.