At age 25 , I feel like I'm running out of time to meet someone special?

Is this normal? :(

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• i think it's normal to feel this way. primarily because people tend to set an expectation that they will be married or at least found that "special someone" in their early 20s

in my experience though most of my friends were not married by 25 and only 2 of my close friends were with the person that they are now married too

so don't lose hope. you're still young, relatively speaking. i found my partner at 29. try to sort of rid yourself of expectations and simply take life as it comes

Most Helpful Girl

• I suppose it's normal to feel like that, but don't put all your focus on that. You know what they say... love comes when you least expect it.

What Guys Said 20

• stop sulking and working about it, instead focus on your plans, goals for your life, doing things you enjoy on your leisure time and just being content with being single. If it’s meant to be the right person will come along, most likely when you least expect it. If not then nothing to sweat, you have to make your own happiness, no one else can do that for you

• I'm 27 and still terrified of settling on the wrong person lol!

• At 25? why? you are still young, I don't think you should lose hope.

• The funny thing about Western people is this, you waste your most active time for meeting someone special by meeting as many people as you can and not paying attention to this topic at all. Then when the active times are over, you get sad thinking you missed the train.

• Get out there and do things you like to do that guys also like to do. Sign up for meetup hikes (meetup. com). Meetup has groups for every possible hobby, so find one you like so you can go hang with like minded people so you can meet a guy you have something in common with.

Take up tennis, and go to tennis clinics and find a cute guy.

• It might feel so, but it's not. I'm 28 and I still haven't met "the one" yet.

• you are running out of time. this is why older generation made this a priority for the younger generation. the sexual revolution was the worst idea women ever came up with

• I am unsure as to why women have this whole time thing going on when they have to meet the perfect guy!

Sometime it is best to let nature take its course! Quite often when you least expect it, that is when it happens.

• Dont worry about it I have dated quite a bit and ill tell you your not missing anything just a load of break ups and arguments.

• It is realistic, not normal.

• no because im 23 and I dont care rofl you'll meet someone when you're ready

• i m 32 and not rushing.

you're only half as likely to be married by 30 than 1940s

people are too broke to marry these days.

• My dad was 36 when he married my mom. His first and only marriage.

• Well, 40 is the new 30 so you've got at least 15 years before you're in any real trouble.

• im 24, let me your special man :P :)

• For what it's worth, I'm almost 10 years older than you and I've yet to find someone. Yea I've had bad luck by meeting weirdos in the past. Also too shy to make an effort. But it doesn't fly ya know?

Still it never hurts to try.

• Yes that is normal but your really not. Give yourself more time or go back over your best guy freinds and see if they might be worth dating.

• For women it's normal, your appeal drops every year.

• You shouldn't feel this way because it's innaccurate but it's totally normal for a girl your age to feel like this.

• why do i feel like you are a big red flag? no wonder why you can't find one.

What Girls Said 7

• The feeling YES! The reality YES! If you don't act now it will be hard to find someone!

• It's completely normal...

• It depends if your dated someone before i dont really think its normal but if u never dated someone in a long time then its normal

• i feel the same way :/ literally all of my friends are in couples now. sigh.

• Oh it is very much normal

• You have plenty of time

• Typical dumb question only a girl would ask. Your f*cking 25, are you pushing menopause? No? Then STFU. Focus on where you want to GO in your life rather than your desperate need to be loved

• 20 % of women are infertile by their late twenties. Marriage and kids should be done early in life rather than later

• @dudeman a woman should be focused on her career in her twenties, idgaf what you say