Does he like me or is he just playing around?

There's this guy that I work with and he is very flirty with me. I'm 21 and he's probably 28. He's always telling me how pretty I am. He makes jokes like oh I'm sorry I couldn't make it to dinner last night babe, knowing it will embarrass me. He knew I was dating somebody so I think that may have been why he didn't pursue me at the time. It could also maybe be he just isn't interested? I don't know It's been about a week since we broke up and the this other guy hasn't made any moves yet... But I want him to. Tips?

Most Helpful Guy

• he might be interested

Most Helpful Girl

• This is some pretty vague information. Not every guy who calls a girl pretty wants a relationship/dating. It's pretty superficial basing your dating chances off of that.
    Try actually getting to know him first. Be friends, make plans to go out for lunch on your work break sometime :)

• No I know... But that's what triggers someone's interest in getting to know them ya know? I was hoping sometime he would ask to do something sometime. We don't have lunch breaks at our work unfortunately 😕

• Well, in my experience, every time I put in the effort first instead of the guy, it ended badly.. Maybe you don't have my bad luck, and could try getting together (i. e. movies) outside of work.

• Nonono I totally agree with you. I would never ask a guy out first. I think it's important for them to do the asking haha. I've always been old fashioned when it comes to that stuff

What Guys Said 1

• He might not want to approach you so soon after a break up, if he knows. Some guys don't like being a rebound.

What Girls Said 1

• You could be direct with him