My girlfriend is abusive?

My girlfriend is very mean to me. She constantly controls everything I do, and follows me everywhere. If I even say hi to another girl, she flips out. I am in a coed frat and a time consuming major (Computer Science), and she is really angry about it, due to time constraints. She hit me once for eating dinner with a female friend. She even yells at me for choosing my studies and my friends. All my friends are concerned and want me to break up with her. I tried doing so, but she slapped me hard and beat me.

This has led to me cheating on her for a week. I want to be with the girl I cheated with. But, my girlfriend would kill me.

Talking to the police is not an option, as being an Indian guy is the worst thing to be in the US. We are either supposed to deal with it, or be labeled as abusers (especially Indian men). I am not sure who to even talk to.

What do I do? I have to hangout with my friends and cheat behind her back. And pray I do not get spotted by her. My girlfriend is Korean, and knows martial arts.

it is hard to get a girlfriend in general if you are an Indian guy.

Most Helpful Girl

• I was in a very mentally abusive relationship on and off for seven years. I didn't always realize it or I brushed it off like it wasn't that bad. We have 2 beautiful children and he took on the role of a father to my oldest. So It wasn't a matter of just getting up and walking away. I also believed strongly in family and always believed in trying and sticking things out when things weren't working out. There were many times I questioned if being with him was right but always pushed those thoughts away. Looking back now I can now see things a bit better and I can see how everything was about him and what he wanted or what he was best for him. Even though he is with someone new he is still extremely manipulative and has done some unthinkable things to me. It has been questioned a few times that he might be dealing with an mental illness not that it's an excuss for what he has done but it makes a lot of sense. You need to get out of your relationship because it is extremely toxic and it is much better to be alone has hard as it might seem then being with someone who is abusive. It literally chips away a bit of you every time she says or does something to you. You need to get help though by seeing a professional who can give you a safe way out and the proper steps needed to move forward. Your girlfriend has a lot of insecurities that need to be addressed and she should go to counciling or therapy of some kind but she has to be the one who can admit she has a problem. in the meantime you need to take care of yourself.

Most Helpful Guy

• What the hell. Fuck her dude. If she is a physical threat just text her or something.

"Yo bitch, Fuck you I'm done, Never want to see you again"

What Girls Said 4

• You break up with your girlfriend. Take a stand, seriously. Value yourself enough to leave her, and if she tries to harm you, then don't allow her to. Make a report to the police so it's recorded, and if she attacks you, there is previous mention of her behaviour. Stop making excuses to be a victim, and take action. You're allowing her to keep you in fear, and to treat you poorly, so stop giving her that power. Women who are being abused should do the exact same thing.

• police do not take men seriously in abusive relationships, especially Indian men

• That is complete crap. You can use that excuse to not take any action or seek assistance, but then it's your own fault if you don't even try. And even if you don't tell the police, you can leave the relationship, you have that power, and you can also physically stop your girlfriend from hurting you. You either allow yourself to be a victim, or you don't.

• I'd say dump her, possibly on the phone or FaceTime or something if she's gonna beat yo, and keep your door locked invade she tries to find you for a few days until she gives up

• You have to make her break up with you. Start becoming withdrawn to her so she loses interest. Withhold sex or just cum really quickly or try not to cum.

• It sounds like you are a victim of IPV. Break up with her in front of the police and see what she does.

• what is IPV?

• Intimate Partner Violence. Anyone can be affected by this, not just women.

What Guys Said 1

• Slap DAT bitch