Is it weird to date your step cousin?

He likes me and I like him too but I don't want to be some weird dysfunctional family.

Most Helpful Guy

• Nothing wrong with it but if you're afraid of having some weird dysfunctional family I'd avoid it. It's definetly not the most typical dating situation so it's definetly not going to be treated that way. Nothing inherently wrong with it but I'd still advise against it. There's a lot of other options out there.

Most Helpful Girl

• Technically no, but you have to ask yourself two questions:
    1, is your family okay with it?
    And 2, what are you gonna do if/when things turn sour? You're related, you're going to have to see each other every so often, and it's going to be awkward.
    So is it really worth it?

• "is your family okay with it?"
      Your family doesn't have a word to say. You are the one who knows what you want in life. If a relative disagrees, it's their problem, not yours

• True but to some people family is important to them. I know if my family had issues with my boyfriend and vise versa I would have a major problem with it.

What Guys Said 7

• I'm in same position, and can tell you there is nothing wrong with it.

"Step Cousins" is two completely different families who came together through some one else's marriage. Say two other people within the two families got married first, you'd deny the other two from being married now?

You aren't blood. You are not related. It's completely fine.

• I didn't realise 'step cousin' was even a thing.

• No it's perfectly normal, everyone's doing it. rofl

• Step cousin, not blood cousin. So, I don't see anything wrong with it.

• No such thing as a step cousin. Family by marriage concepts don't extend that far. Date away.

• If he's your first cousin then yes.

• I used to think that but if you guys aren't blood. I say tf with it

What Girls Said 3

• Totally normal. Lol kind of hot actually.

• Yes, it's wrong.

• Was in the same position but since we thought it was weird we let it go and we good now