Is the age gap too big?

Is the age gap to big if there's 10 years between us I'm 19 and he's 29?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's slightly abnormal. The typical rule for males is half your age plus 7. So, him being 29, the socially expected age would be him dating a 21 or 22 year old. 19 isn't too far from that. So it's slightly outside the bounds, but it's so close no one is going to care much.

Come to think of it, my parents are 9 years apart. My dad was 30 and my mom was 21 when I was born. Really, it's pretty much instinctual for older males to go for younger females and younger females to go for older males. No one is going to say shit. Well, someone might say something, but it shouldn't really matter to you. The most I've dated younger is 3 years, though. It's weird, to me, for me. But even while it's weird for me, I wouldn't look down on someone for those ages.

Ultimately, as has been said, you're of legal age, and he is of legal age; so, it doesn't really matter. If he was like 40, then I'd be like "Hmmm. That's just a tad creepy." But, 10 years is fair. You're in the same generation.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you were 29 and he was say 40 it wouldn't be that big of a deal because you'd be economically independent and stable by then, and have some life experience. But you are so young, you probably have little to no money of your own yet, and very little life experience. It will be super easy for him to manipulate and use you so just be careful, not to mention your family most likely won't approve or be comfortable with it. I had a man 10+ years older than me after me and lets just say I am super glad I never let things get serious because his intentions were not the best..

What Guys Said 11

• it's okay... now it might be borderline for some people but in 5 years no one will give a shit about it anymore. my parents have a 10 year age gap too

• Right now it's a really big gap but within another 5 to 10 years, no one will notice nor care.

• Borderline, can go both ways easily

• When it comes right down to it, the only opinions that count is yours and theirs. When it comes to age differences everyone else's opinions are at best useless and more often biased.

• thats a good age for both of you to start thinking about serious relationships.

• My biggest age gap was 18 years. She was just at a different place in life than I was at that time.

• As long as you are both legal the age gap doesn't matter

• I couldn't do that but to each their own

• Yes it is. But my parents age gap is ten too so it's possible. Just mom skipped her youth to adapt to him which now has permanent consequences on her health, regrets, frustrations, etc. Ask yourself... why can't he just pick women near his age? What makes you different from them? It is because you are young and beautiful... and he wants to, pardon me, fck a tight pussy, sorry. So what if you got old and... ugly? What makes you special by then? And worse, there will always be younger girls everywhere. So again ask yourself... do you really want all this stress? Or you can just meet some cute guy around your age who loves you?

• It's normally bad. He probably is interested because your young and good looking and your probably interested because he's older and has more money and is more financially stable. You relationship is unlikely to last since your just using each other.

• If you both have enough in common and click then I think it's fine

What Girls Said 9

• Right now yes. In a few years no. It really boils down to if you have to ask, then it is.

• No big deal. It's legal.

• as long as your legal and ur okay with it than yes.

• I don't think it's so bad. It really depends on your maturity level.

• Not that horrible. 😊

• no, as long as its consensual and you're both adults. no one cares.

• I don't know cause i wouldn't want to date a man bigger way bigger than me because he could hurt me

• Nope. No problem at all.

• Yes. Because you are 19 and he is damn near 30. Stay away. He is only trying to use you. No normal 29 year old takes a 19 year old girl seriously. Don't be foolish. All these people commenting are dumb.