Are there guys who like girls who are shy and introverted?

I am 19 and I've never had a boyfriend because of how shy I am. This used to bother me but now I don't really care anymore because I've realized that I'll only find a good relationship if it happens naturally and not because I'm looking for one. Guys have liked me before but never actually asked me out. Is this because they don't want to date me because they don't think I would be fun or talk to them, or because my shyness makes them not like me enough to ask me out?

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe they think they are not good enough. I have heard from a 22 year old girl recently that guys often have hang ups..

They fear rejection too of course.

You could show you are open to a chat with your facial expression and body language, people have a natural ability to gauge the approachability of someone else.

Due to my naturally open body language, people approach me all the time and ask for directions, money ^^ , okay I dress well, so they can tell, and all kinds of things.

Try this social experiment : Go to a Starbucks and observe the people at this place. If there is a guy whose looks you like, ask whether you can sit with him. Keep observing him and guess what he might want to talk about : If he's reading a newspaper for example , talk about the news, if he plays on his smartphone, ask him about technical details and stuff ^^ .

Fewest people will say no ^^

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 15

• I prefer introverted girls, and shyness isn't a problem. I think it is more difficult for shy people to get into a relationship, not because their shyness is a turnoff, but because it's more difficult for people to read them.

You are a lot less likely to be asked out by a man who is interested in you if he doesn't know what you think of him. Shyness can make it hard to express these things, especially to someone who always gives you butterflies when they talk to you. You might have to go a bit out of your comfort zone and express some more interest if you want an easier time of things.

• To be honest shy girls send the most driest texts that even jay z's lips would look moist in comparison but if this stops her from being able to enjoy herself when hanging out then I'm finding another girl to hit on because it gets really annoying when they're just there but this is my personal opinion

• Yes, I am sure there are men who like women who are shy/introverted.

• Not really. But of you're an introvert and don't let others know your feelings, guys may be confused "What does she think? Can I approach her?"

• Not a problem with that. But if you're introvert it is indeed difficult for guys to approach you or know that you have feelings for someone.

• I'm very shy myself so we probably wouldn't even meet.

The only advice I can give is to try to ask guys out yourself. But since you're shy that will be difficult.

• can i get a fuck yes!

• The most likely reason they stopped short of asking you out is because they thought you would say no.

• Yup its my dream that I get shy and introverted girl... But saddly i never did... I am too introverted to get any girl though

• No we like shy girls.. personally i do. There is a lot of cute things about shy girls :)...

• I prefer shy/introverted girls.

• Maybe it's your shyness. Maybe just tell them you want to not be as shy. Or something. At least being aware of the problem has been known to be a step in the right direction. but it won't allow a one word answer. Yes introverted girls are great. I feel like they express themselves more accurately and often are less petty or dramatic. Like socially spoiled extroverted girls. If you know what I mean. I dream of a sweet introverted smart girl.

• I'm shy two but for some reason I also like shy girls. I'm not sure why but I do. If you see a guy that you like try and be cute about your shyness.

• same boat 20 years old , you are like me and i will like you no doubt . good luck !!!

• I like sweet girls but if she doesn't talk it can make things awkward. Do you open up once you get to know someone?

What Girls Said 1