Guys, does it turn you off when an attractive girl swoons over attractive actors?

Be honest :
Does it strike at your ego when a girl you like, goes on about how handsome/amazing their favorite musicians/actors are, etc?
Does it make her seem less approachable?

• Yes
    37% (10)
  • No
    63% (17)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

14

Most Helpful Guy

• No, but if she is my girlfriend, I will always say the actor is gay and act a little jealous just to tease my girlfriend lol. In reality, I don't care

• That's actually funny and kinda sweet, haha!

What Guys Said 13

• Why would talking about how much she likes other men not turn me off? She can say she likes their music they are great musicians etc, but when it gets to the point where she is clearly attracted to them, yes it is a turnoff.

As for looks, just like music, she can say they are attractive, but if she "swoons" or starts talking about how hot they are and how "in love" with them she is, then it is a huge turnoff. Would you want to date a guy drooling about how hot some super model/actress is?

• Hm, it's not that much of a big deal to me honestly. As long as he isn't overbearing with mentioning it much.
      Seems like guys are more insecure with things like these than girls.

• Lol no, who gives a shit? The chances of my girl meeting up with and fucking some famous actor are slim to none, and realistically if an unlikely situation like that even happened where she does run into someone like Brad Pitt, if I'm pimping her mind right she won't risk losing everything that I'm providing, be it monetary or emotional needs, to fuck some actor on the side once.

Women get mad over that type of stuff because they have no sense of reality, whereas mean realize the situation they're in and know that, even if the unlikely situation where summat like that happened, they can always find a new bitch as easy as they find their shoes in the morning.

• Doesn't hurt my ego, but it makes me think less of her... she must be silly not to know the photos are airbrushed and carefully posed. In real life, they don't look nearly so handsome.

• But what if she indeed saw them in real life? Like a show or something? Not idolizing, just admiring their looks. Guys do it all the time, for example.

• Lol I don't anymore, I used to but have finally found myself and could care less. Why would I get jelly if that dude is a bunch of pixels on a screen and we're on the couch. I got home field turf. Boooo ya!

• Nope. Hell, even Chris Evans would turn me gay

• it wouldn't really turn me off but I'd wonder why she was so focused on a guy she was never going to meet in real life and would never actually go on a date with

• Maybe just admiring his looks? I'm curious what do guys find wrong with that, exactly.

• You said 'swooning.' Sure you can admire what they look like, but keep it in perspective. You probably wouldn't recognize the real guy if he was standing next to you.

• @martyfellow still, guys do it all the time with female celebs, and it's never a big deal. I just find it curious.

• Oh no. After all I am swooning over Alec Baldwin all the time.

• It's one thing to think they are attractive, it's another to swoon over them and talk about how hot they are. I don't know what guys you hang around but I don't publically talk about how hot and perfect female celebrities are, and I especially wouldn't around a girl I actually like or who likes me that's just shitty. Like let me rub in how rich and hot and perfect this person who isn't you is. That's shitty. Just keep it in your head.

• Hm, why would it be in a malicious way? It could be said totally benign. Girls admire other girls looks too, but you don't see anyone complaining about that.

• Have you never heard of jealousy? People who like you don't like when you like someone more than them. It's not logical it's emotional and yes we all admire other people regardless of whether we are dating someone. But we don't need to tell them about it, most people get jealous and insecure when you do and it's just not necessary to cause people to feel shitty. The reason I'm getting frustrated is because this is something that should just be obvious and I shouldn't have to explain this. You don't need to vocalize everything that you think. Just admire them in silence. If you can't avoid saying things that are gonna hurt people's feelings unnecessarily then just keep your mouth shut. Jeez I feel bad for whoever dates you if you can't grasp something as simple as being considerate of other people's feelings.

• Just because it wouldn't bother you doesn't mean it wouldn't bother other people. Stop projecting your own thoughts onto how other people think and learn to empathize with people who have different perspectives.

• Several questions in one :s
    I would imagine it does make her seem less approachable. I would guess the same goes for guys doing the same thing.

• I would just move on to the next girl. lol

• Doesn't it mean that your girl thinks someone is more handsome than you when she does that?

• Turn off... I don't know. But feel insecure... i guess. *cries in the corner

• Yeah because I don't swoon over celebs. They're just fucking people who got a slightly better luck in life. They shit just like me. They die just like me.