Is it emotional blackmail if your SO breaks up with you everytime you get upset about something?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it depends on if you can't work things out when he's upset. He could feel lost and want an answer or something to be done with action. When he don't receive what he expect. He decide to give up because he can feel like he's wasting his time.

• Change the word to 'she' and you hit the nail on the head.

• True that.

• Thanks for MHO!

Most Helpful Girl

• It's emotional abuse, and it's manipulative, unhealthy, and they don't respect you or value you. Respect yourself enough to end that relationship and never renter it.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• It's just emotionally stressful, this use to bey last relationship, he didn't exactly break up after every fight, but he'd act like he was going to and did a couple times, I thought it was very very controlling and rude and i'm reallyhappy I don't have to walk on eggshells anymore, I saw I began to resent him and I'm really happy i'm no longer in a relationship with him.

• Yes the resentment... It builds.

• Definitely. But you should also think about how your anger is expressed. If you are mean or violent, yea, I would too. But if you are just responding to the person being bad or in a normal way, you aren't in the wrong. And stop getting back together with someone like that. It's so toxic.

• I don't get angry I get sad.

• Yea, :/ you don't have to put up with that. You deserve someone who isn't going to drop you every time you show emotion.