My boyfriend refuses to wake up with the kids in the morning?

I work 5 days a week and am on a set schedule of 2pm to 11pm. I get home at around midnight and by the time I wind down I get to bed around 1-1:30am. When I get home he is already in bed. My kids get up around 5:30 every morning and he refuses to get up with them even though he knows when I get home and knows that I will only be running on about 4 hours of sleep. He doesn't work because he got laid off a month ago due to the company closing and since then he has applied at a few places but no one has called him back. I don't think its fair that he refuses to get up with the kids when he knows I am barely able to sleep. I am also pregnant and I am in high risk. My doctor told me to take it easy and not work more than 26 because I'm high risk but given his recent fallout with work I have been pulling 56 hour weeks just to support all of us on. Given everything I don't think that it would be a big deal for him to help me out and get up with the kids one or two mornings out of the week. What can I do to let him know that he needs to start helping me out instead of nudging me every single morning to wake me up to get up with the kids?

Most Helpful Guy

• Selfish good for nothing that. You should warn him that unless he pulls his weight and starts helping you then he's going to lose more than the baby your carrying. Because no woman deserves to be stuck with a good for nothing guy. You deserve a man not a worthless jerk. Your not doing yourself or your family any good by keeping this guy around because when you collapse and need real help. Who's got your back? Not this guy. This guy won't hang around once you can no longer do everything for him and pay for what likes to do. Make some demands girl and make this jerk help out or throw him out. Good luck. x

• He helps out with everything except for this. The house is always clean, I always have dinner ready for me when I get home from work. I don't have to do anything around the house at all. He's been looking for work but as I said he has gotten no response whatsoever. Literally the only thing he will not do is get up with the kids in the morning.

• I think you should tell him that you really need him right now. seeing that your pregnant, it's necessary that you rest. and yeah, he's not lazy. Don't kick him out, but show him your concern

• @ROBERTHOOKE thank you! Finally, someone who actually sees what I am trying to get at.

Most Helpful Girl

• God have mercy on u.

What Guys Said 2

• That is a bad boyfriend. Say it, and if he gets butthurt, break up.

• talk to him warmly. if he doesn't listen.
    Kick him out.
    sorry about that harsh things. But I think it makes sense

What Girls Said 2

• he shouldn't be waiting for them to call him back. he should call to follow up.

• And yet you continue to reproduce with such a selfish dickwad?

• You have no right to criticize conscious decisions people make! (sarcasm, if you don't get it)

• Can you not read? Or did you just come hear to run your mouth? I clearly stated above that he's applied for work and has gotten zero response. He should get a no brainer job? And what the hell is that exactly? Considering the simple fact that where I come from you can't even find a McDonalds or Walmart within 40 miles of us.

• I can read, he's not getting responses and he's not proactively contacting them to follow up on his applications. He's lazy. And yeah, a no-brainer job like a retail position. Gas station attendant. He's not actively applying himself, he probably enjoys not having to do shit and being able to use the "but I AM trying, they're not responding" excuse on you because you obviously eat that shit up.