# of times u were asked out in high school?

I'm a sophomore in high school, and I've never been asked out before. I didn't really care until this year because I need a prom date. I think im pretty attractive, but I don't know I don't wear makeup due to my parents (I have thick eyelashes and my tone is fine--most people think I wear makeup) My parents are super strict on clothing, so I can't wear anything that'll show my ankles. But I still wear cute clothes everyday. I'm brown (Kashmiri), but I look Arab. My culture really means a lot to me, and I don't know if that's a turnoff; I hope I don't come off as too conservative, but I definitely flirt A LOT. I know "be yourself" and "wait till you're older," but why do you think im
not getting asked out?

Most Helpful Guy

• Zero. Females rarely ask males out. And I was somewhat popular and viewed as attractive, too. Unless my ex was lying to me to make me feel good about myself, the girls in my class rated me a 9 out of 10. But I was always the one talking to other girls; they would talk to me, but never initiate anything.

In America, yeah, Arabic looking people might have a bit of a hard time due to the whole Middle East thing. You'd probably have more luck finding a guy who's more similar to you, of your culture, or even, yes, skin tone. It's not racist to say that--people tend to gravitate towards people who are like them. People also date and prefer people within their race more often than not. If you're in an area where there aren't as many Arab or Indian looking people, then that would be what I think.

Though, the last Arabic woman I worked with was soooooooooooooooooooooo hot. I was into her, but honestly, if she was really big into Arabic culture and such, it would create more of a cultural divide.

But, all in all, you could try being the one to ask someone out. I know, it's hard, right? But, if you know any guy from a class you've taken, you could just ask them if they'll go with you to prom. Not like a date, but just so you both have someone to go with: or yeah a date. It's not wrong, and most guys aren't going to think it's wrong or off-putting for a female to ask them out. In the U. S. or Western countries, at least. East/North-Asian/Middle Eastern countries might frown on it, I guess.

As for why you're not being asked out, it could be that your body language is nervous, or that you are attractive so the boys are nervous, or you're not talkative, or you actually *think* you're flirting but you're really just being nice (which is really common with females, honestly), or you're just unlucky and around the wrong boys. If there's time, you might think about joining some club or find some way to be around more people.

Most Helpful Girl

• Eh, a few times. Maybe 5? I was always very quiet and awkward, and I had a darker style back then, so I wasn't very approachable. You've got at least two more years after this if you want to go to prom, right? No rush! :)

There could be so many reasons you're not getting asked out. Maybe guys are intimidated, maybe they think they wouldn't be allowed to date you or that you'd reject them, maybe they're just shy, maybe maybe maybe. I mean, my cousin is super pretty, very friendly, outgoing, quirky in the best way... and she didn't get asked out until she went to college. It's still baffling to me. Point is, awesome girls fall through the cracks sometimes. Don't worry too much, and if you really want a prom date, why don't you do the asking?

What Guys Said 16

• Zero, zilch, nada, empty set

My first girlfriend, first kiss, first date, & loss of virginity did not happen until AFTER I graduated from high school.

• Im a dude so... once. I was dating a girl and one of her bffs"" asked if i wanted to go out and I was like uhhhhh wtf.. no
    Girls that age group are nothing but trouble and drama.

• I was asked out just once. I asked out 3 times, and got a yes from all.

• I was weird, for had many women want to have sex with me for a few reputations i built up, but had none want to date me for of other reputations i had

i have only dated one woman in my life, my ex wife of 22 years

• Asked out 2 times, both girls were cute but I was too why so said no, I regret it. Never asked a girl out -_-

• I've never been asked out and I didn't go to my prom. They pretty much told me that it would be worse for everyone there if I went so I didn't go.

• I can remember 7 times but that was a few years ago now so I could be forgetting some.

• Three times.
    I was in a relationship at the time so three declines. =\

• About 20 or so

• Only twice lol haha

• 0, I had to do all of the asking. Out of 5 tries it finally worked.

• zero and zero back

• I was asked out twice. I rejected the first one and. went to homecoming and prom with the second.

• like 6

i worked out everyday.

• I've never been asked out :/

• Senior here. 0 so far. There's a lot of guys who don't mind conservative, I'm the biggest right winger at my school and I only seem to meet liberal girls.

What Girls Said 16

• Hmm, maybe a couple of times every year, however I did get my first real relationship half way through high school. Maybe you're just not talkative? Communicating with people is huge they can't just look at you and decide theyre going to date you. It doesn't matter if you're "conservative" people are looking for different thinks and if you flirt just be aware of others body language. Maybe you're intimidating because usually when people flirt theyre confident and thats not always a bad thing.

• Let's see... about... 7-10 times? I assume it's because this generation doesn't know how to communicate the way the last generation did.

• I was asked out a lot, and always flirted, had lots of friends, but I didn't party and always had a date to the prom and dances, didn't have sex or drink or anything either. I would say maybe perhaps you are conservative and that can be intimidating. How would anyone approach a conservative lady without appearing to be creepy these days? Luckily in my days, people could be themselves without being labeled creepy.

• NEVER! no one liked me i guessed ):

• 0 times!

=)

Flirted with constantly, but never did anything about it. And I was waaaaay too shy to ask anyone out yet back then...

Have patience - it'll happen - or you could make it happen. ;)

• well can t say it won t bother you, cause it did to me.
    I ve never been asked out in college. don t know how I managed to have a prom date:p
    but now in univ, I am getting asked out frequently.
    so I don t know if it s me or them or whatever.
    just focus on yourself. try to keep improving as a human being, stay happy etc..
    and I am sure you re gonna find lots of guys who share the same values as you :)

• 0 times. I was asked for my number by this dude I didn't even know from one of my classes, but never been asked out on an actual date. It didn't matter, though, since I was taken during my last year.

• Actually, I was asking them out, three times, and I was successful every time ;)

• I'm a senior in high school, and I've never been asked out before. Most of the dances at my school are girls-ask-guys, but no one really goes to the dances anyway, just the parties. Don't worry about it.

• 0, I asked a guy to prom last year and he rejected me so I just went by myself and hung out with some friends.

• I don't know. I was asked out at least once every year at my high school though.

• None at all actually. Guys have just asked for my number and that's pretty much it.

• I was never asked out befor in highschool lol

• Only one time

• Don't focus on love right now, fouse on you and your education.. I didn't have a boyfriend till I was 20 and we are going on 2 years together and have a baby... your time will come

• I was never asked out in high school.