Boyfriend sending text kisses to another girl?

So I caught a glimpse of my boyfriend's phone while he was on it the other day, and I saw that he'd been having text conversations late into the night with this girl (he'd never mentioned this girl to me and most of the messages he'd sent to her had been sent between 11:00 pm and 3:00 am. I also noticed that their texts each had a single kiss on the end of them.

Now, I don't know who this girl is, but does it sounds like I have anything to worry about? Should I ask him about this?

Could there be a chance this girl is only a friend though? I just can't imagine him ever being unfaithful!

Most Helpful Girl

• Bad signs:
    He's hiding her.
    He's only messaging her late at night.
    He's sending a flirtatious character at the end of each message.

Good signs:
    You think he's trustworthy.

I'd definitely be asking about this other girl. If she's just a friend, then he'll explain with no problem, surely. Be sure to ask what the kissy faces mean to him too. Seems flirtatious to you. Seems flirtatious to me. Is it somehow not flirtatious to him?

• Thanks, good advice. I don't think they were kissy faces, but it was just a single 'x' on the end of each text so I'm not sure what that means… Anyhow I'll ask him and see how he reacts.

• Good luck! I hope it goes well! :)

• Thanks for the MHO!

What Guys Said 12

• Yeah that's bull crap. Expect a defensive response to your question which will indicate guilt. No guy should be doing that stuff when in a relationship. That's really crappy of him.

• Ask him, see what happens

• "So I snooped through my boyfriend's phone while he was away the other day and now need to know what conclusion to jump to!"

Not knowing your boyfriend, I don't know if he's the kind of guy to write affectionately like that or not.

• Caught a glimpse while he was on his phone** not going through

• text kisses by themselves don't necessarily mean much but in the context you're describing it definitely sounds like something to confront him about.

• Well coming from the same situation, I'd say get ready to leave. My ex repeatedly texted other dudes and her excuse was they texted me first or we're just joking. I stuck around because I hoped for the best because I have a babygirl with her. Waiting for things to change, it never did. Don't waste your time. I know its hard to leave but things will just get even worse most of the time

• sounds appropriate for a boyfriend.

must be his sister... they must have a sibling relationship like angelina jolie and her bro. no reason for concern.

• Smells fishy to me. Ask him casually. Best way. Good luck :)

• does raise a red flag.

• He is cheating. Run.

• That's cheating

• I have plenty of female friends that end their texts with single kisses, i. e.

(message) x

Usually I consider 2 or more to be romantic intent, unless we're good friends... like GOOD friends and have known each other for a while, then 2 wouldn't be romantic intent.

• Move on. He sounds like a cheater.
    "if you're lost you can look and you will find me. time after time."

What Girls Said 9

• umm yeah... It kind of sounds like something you should be worrying about. I'd recommend asking him about it.

• yesh sound like break=up

• that's really shady!!! what's even more shady is the time at which he sends them to her... if i was you i'll confront him about it... then dump him

• I would be concerned if my man was texting a female between 3-11 after hours.. Did you read the convo or just see the texts?

If he's not texting you between those hours I would be concerned

• I'm not gonna say he's cheating. But that is shady.

• ehhh... cheater alert. unless she's his bff but then he would have talked to you bout her

• You should ask him definitely, to avoid misunderstandings.

• Definaty you should

• I would say something to him about it for sure